Does anyone use Fitbit?

Options

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    How long does everybody's battery last in the Charge HR? I have that one and love it but I have to charge it every 2 days. I emailed the company about it and they said to turn off any alarms set on it (which I had none set for it) to turn off the heart rate monitor, to turn off the quick view clock function and see how the battery lasts then. I tried that and it still only lasted 2 days. I don't think I should have to turn off all these functions though as they were part of the reason I chose this fitbit.
    Has anyone else had issues with battery life? When I purchased it they told me the battery would last 5+ days, My fitbit is just over a month old as well.
    thanks!

My Charge HR will last 4 days max without charging the battery, but I usually throw it on the charger every 3 or so days.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I've worn a One for ~26 months now. It made me aware of how inactive I was. I knew I was sedentary, but by having a numerical value attached to my activity level it became something I NEEDED to change. ~50 pounds gone in 9.5 months, maintaining ever since.

I partner the Fitbit with other tools to help me stay on track. Like MyFitnesPal, Pact, etc.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    How long does everybody's battery last in the Charge HR? I have that one and love it but I have to charge it every 2 days. I emailed the company about it and they said to turn off any alarms set on it (which I had none set for it) to turn off the heart rate monitor, to turn off the quick view clock function and see how the battery lasts then. I tried that and it still only lasted 2 days. I don't think I should have to turn off all these functions though as they were part of the reason I chose this fitbit.
    Has anyone else had issues with battery life? When I purchased it they told me the battery would last 5+ days, My fitbit is just over a month old as well.
    thanks!

I have yet to run it down. If I dont charge it I will get 3 full days probably. Took it off the charger full early Saturday AM its Monday afternoon and its like half %.
    Why would you turn off the HRM on it- thats one of its biggest selling points....No?
    Shouldn't have to disable features to reach the standard battery life.
    I will usually put mine on the charger while I shower/at the end of my day then put it back on to sleep. It charges pretty quick.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    There's also an app called Drivebit you can turn use to automatically add road trips.

In regards to the battery life, I also set mine to charge while I'm in the shower. Another user mentioned charging it during long car rides.
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    My HR counts steps while I drive!!! I have to log my effing commutes. Other than that it's spot on.

I heard a good suggestion for this is to use your charger in the car. That way it charges while you drive and doesn't count any steps.

Also most of my walks are done with my daughter in the stroller and my Charge HR counts the steps just fine.

I love data, between my fitbit and myfitnesspal I have everything I need to be successful (37 pounds down so far)! I never realized how variable my activity was which helped me understand why I felt like I was starving some days.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I started with the flex. i used to struggle to get to 10K steps. After about 1 1/2 years I lost my flex so I got a Charge HR. Loved it! Kept me motivated and I worked my way to 18K steps a day. As a 40lbs lost gift, my husband bought me a Blaze and I am in love! Working on 20K steps a day now.

I honestly do not think I would have lost 40 lbs without my Fitbit to help keep me accountable for staying active.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    My HR counts steps while I drive!!! I have to log my effing commutes. Other than that it's spot on.

I heard a good suggestion for this is to use your charger in the car. That way it charges while you drive and doesn't count any steps.

Also most of my walks are done with my daughter in the stroller and my Charge HR counts the steps just fine.

I love data, between my fitbit and myfitnesspal I have everything I need to be successful (37 pounds down so far)! I never realized how variable my activity was which helped me understand why I felt like I was starving some days.

Ooooooooooohhhh, never would have thought to charge it in the car.
    Experiment tomorrow AM. Thanks Yall!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a Fitbit Flex and use it every single day. I LOVE it!! It doesn't track heart rate, but that isn't an issue for me. I love being able to change the bands whenever I want, because I'm girly like that :)

As for accuracy, mine has been pretty spot on based on 52 pounds lost as of today! I eat back all of my calories.

52 Pounds, NICE JOB!!!

I love my Fitbit Flex, I'm thinking about upgrading to either the Alta or the Charge. You'd have to peel mine off my dead body to make me stop using it now, if that tells you how much I like mine! <3
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a Fitbit Flex and use it every single day. I LOVE it!! It doesn't track heart rate, but that isn't an issue for me. I love being able to change the bands whenever I want, because I'm girly like that :)

As for accuracy, mine has been pretty spot on based on 52 pounds lost as of today! I eat back all of my calories.

52 Pounds, NICE JOB!!!

I love my Fitbit Flex, I'm thinking about upgrading to either the Alta or the Charge. You'd have to peel mine off my dead body to make me stop using it now, if that tells you how much I like mine! <3

I refuse to take a single step while my Fitbit is charging, because, you know, it wouldn't count :)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've been using the One for 3+ years now. 100lbs gone and about 16 000 000 steps later I still swear by it :)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have the Charge HR. BEST DECISION EVER. Fortunately, I got it while it was on sale, and it's not only a huge exercise motivator, but it also gives me some basis to design my maintenance plans around. Important too is that it kept me from under/over eating. I know how much I burn, and that's how much I eat to fuel my body. Also, the data is so fun to analyze and review! I'm due to receive another progress report tomorrow.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options

52 Pounds, NICE JOB!!!

I refuse to take a single step while my Fitbit is charging, because, you know, it wouldn't count :)

You're so awesome! Glad I'm not alone!! xo
  • MommyBex
    MommyBex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've got a Charge HR and I love it! Very motivational
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Yes! I ordered a bunch of cheap bands from Amazon and now they always match my outfit :)
  • Mehuman2
    Mehuman2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have had fitbit charge for a year now and I love it. I may not be losing like I want but it does keep me actively concious of my activity levels and more often lures me to wanting to complete my step goal. So for me it's a kick in the butt to get that butt moving.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have the Charge HR, I used to have the One. I loved them. I don't really think they are super accurate, for example, on Friday I had 12,000 steps in fitbit, but only 7,000 according to my phone. Something is not right. But, it is accurate enough. The scale keeps going down (60 pounds now!) and it is motivating. I have 5 days in a row I walked 10 miles because "well, I'm so close to 6 miles...well, I'm so close to 15,000 steps, well, I'm so close to 8 miles, well, I almost have 20,000 steps!" So, maybe it was accurate at 10 miles. maybe it was only 9.6 miles, but it still motivated me to get up and keep moving.

Same here. I actually press the button to record the drives.

I love my charge HR. It has been accurate so far.

So does it not count steps while driving if you have the workout/timer going? That would be amazeballs. I commute over an hour each way so I can get over 1400 steps/day while driving. SO DUMB!
    It will still count the steps, so you'll have to edit it from 'workout' and categorize the time block as driving, so it will take those fake driving steps, distance and stairs away. I press the button every time I drive as it is easier to log the driving time block if the specific time has been recorded. Does that make sense?

• allante87
    allante87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got a polar heart rate monitor 2 christmases ago. I wonder if it make sense to get the charge and then use both while at the gym.

I'm in the same boat. I've had my Polar for ten years, still works, and thinking of making the change. I'll be interested in reading what other Polar users have to say about the benefits.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've got the fitbit Zip, best investment I could have made! I'm getting the Alta when it comes out, I can't wait!!!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Only had a Fitbit surge, so unsure what others offer etc

Surge works for me, no issues etc.

Calorie burn seems accurate compared to other calculators, treadmills, actual results.

Is the surge like a rare model? Or is it the price that makes it not popular?

I got mine as a gift. But when ever people talk fitbits it's always charge, one, charge hr etc
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Only had a Fitbit surge, so unsure what others offer etc

Surge works for me, no issues etc.

Calorie burn seems accurate compared to other calculators, treadmills, actual results.

Is the surge like a rare model? Or is it the price that makes it not popular?

I got mine as a gift. But when ever people talk fitbits it's always charge, one, charge hr etc

Probably the expense, $350.

I am loathed to fork out $200 for the Alta, but it's going to be a birthday present to myself, so that's how I'm justifying it :wink: