Weight loss weight gain protein bars calories

Options
Okay so for the past 4 days I've been having nothing but protein bars/cookies and like no food! My calories in these four days have been from 1000-3000 but the thing is that I've been drinking a lot of water and teas/diet teas/green tea so idk what will happen? Will I gain massive weight and fat? If so how and when will I lose all the weight to get back on track?!

Replies

• clutchitalian
    clutchitalian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    u will be fine it was only a few days....
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Lots of people already tried to help in your past threads but why so many protein bars/cookies? 3000 calories of protein bars is a lot also a lot of money.Why don't you try to eat a reasonable amount (based on your tdee) of other foods? You seem to be under the impression that protein bars =weight loss when it's really just how many calories you eat compared to how many you burn.

I am getting tons of red flags from your posts. Have you ever considered speaking to a professional?
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I have anxiety too so I understand. Just wondering why you are eating so many protein bars?
  • ToManyBeers
    ToManyBeers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    STOP EATING PROTEIN BARS. Instead eat a healthy well rounded diet full of meats, fruits and vegetables and just watch your calories and you maintain or lose weight. Your not trying to get super buff like a dude you do not need that much protein.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    STOP EATING PROTEIN BARS. Instead eat a healthy well rounded diet full of meats, fruits and vegetables and just watch your calories and you maintain or lose weight. Your not trying to get super buff like a dude you do not need that much protein.

Eating protein bars will not make you super buff BTW.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Protein bars are sold as supplement, not as meal replacements. You use them to add protein to a healthy, well rounded diet.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Do you do any strength training? That's pretty important in gaining muscle mass. Also we women are at a disadvantage because of our low testosterone level so muscle is hard to build. You are definitely over eating protein. Are you looking to lose weight, recomp or bulk?
  • freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Is it too personal to ask what your current weight and what your goal weight is?
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    oned34563 wrote: »
    Do you do any strength training? That's pretty important in gaining muscle mass. Also we women are at a disadvantage because of our low testosterone level so muscle is hard to build. You are definitely over eating protein. Are you looking to lose weight, recomp or bulk?

I'm looking to lose weight but at the moment I'm not really doing physical exercises like I run miles and walk for hours but haven't really been doing anything too intense!

Based on what you've said you want (to be lean/muscular), you need to eat a varied diet with plenty of vegetables and about .8g of protein per pound of body weight. You also want to replace a good portion of that walking and running with progressive resistance exercise. Look into Starting Strength 5x5 or You Are Your Own Gym (the first is great if you have access to weights, the second one is body weight exercises). It's okay to do some cardio- it's good for your heart and endurance - but resistance training is essential!

Protein bars are okay as a supplement, but not for your entire diet! You can get much of the protein you need from lean meats, beans and other legumes, nuts, dairy (greek yogurt is great!), etc. Also aim for 3 servings of vegetables daily - for overall health you want to meet all of your micronutrient needs, and veggies are a great way to do that. And for weight loss, eat fewer calories than you use - including your BMR, your exercise, and all other activities.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein bars are sold as supplement, not as meal replacements. You use them to add protein to a healthy, well rounded diet.
    Well is it really that bad?

A well rounded diet includes protein, fat and carbs. Your body is also looking for fiber, vitamins, minerals.....so many things are needed to help your body function.

So what do you do afterwards.....eat regular food. But measure portions. CALORIES are about losing weight. Protein, fat, carbs (and the rest) are about nourishment. Examples: you ingest fat to help your body absorb vitamins, carbs give you good energy, protein to help build blood cells.....the list goes on and on.

If you want to lose weight, put the data in MFP and it will tell you how many CALORIES to eat. Eat a well rounded diet to meet nutritional needs.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I actually have another question! What do I do after eating 1000-3000 calories of protein bars for my body to lose weight?

You set a reasonable goal (typically based on body fat, but there are any number of ways that are better than picking some random number, plug your information into MFP, figure out what a reasonable weight loss is (usual guideline is to lose a half pound per week for every 25 pounds over goal you are), and then you know what your calorie goal is. After you know your calorie goal, you set your macros for an appropriate level. I think default is 50% carbs, 30% fats, 20% protein. I do 40/30/30, but it's all personal preference in line with goals.

After that, you eat a rounded diet that lets you make your macro and micro goals, live within your caloric budget, eat to the point you feel full (satiety), still fits treat in, and lose weight in a healthy and sustainable manner. Calories are fuel, but your macros and micros are nourishment. You need both, and can't simply focus on one or the other.