Weight loss weight gain protein bars calories

Options
2»

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    oned34563 wrote: »
    I actually have another question! What do I do after eating 1000-3000 calories of protein bars for my body to lose weight?

Stop eating protein bars and eat a healthy, well-rounded diet that is below your TDEE. This is the ONLY way you will safely lose weight in a sustainable way. What you are doing is unhealthy and you need to stop, just like we all said in the last thread you started about this.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    how much do you weigh? Im asking because if your pic is recent it doesnt look like you need to lose any weight to be honest. not trying to be mean either. just stating what I see in the pic
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    How many of these threads are you going to post on the same topic? Many people have given you quality answers in your last 4 posts on this topic.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Here we go again.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    From what I can tell you seem to have a lot of anxiety about food and gaining weight. As someone who's had an eating disorder before, I understand. But it sounds like you're beginning to develop an unhealthy relationship with food in an effort to lose weight. This comment is in no way shape or form intended to pass judgement on you, I'm genuinely just concerned. May I suggest that you take a step back and think about why you want to lose weight and why you feel the need to eat only protein bars/cookies? Even if I'm totally off base, just remember that life is so much more than what we eat. So just relax and try to have less anxiety over silly things like calories and weight loss.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell you seem to have a lot of anxiety about food and gaining weight. As someone who's had an eating disorder before, I understand. But it sounds like you're beginning to develop an unhealthy relationship with food in an effort to lose weight. This comment is in no way shape or form intended to pass judgement on you, I'm genuinely just concerned. May I suggest that you take a step back and think about why you want to lose weight and why you feel the need to eat only protein bars/cookies? Even if I'm totally off base, just remember that life is so much more than what we eat. So just relax and try to have less anxiety over silly things like calories and weight loss.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS! It's just so hard I really see that these protein bars are making me gain so much and I've done so much to lose that it's not helping! I feel so big. I mean like personally what are your opinions on protein bars?

AGAIN - protein bars are a supplement to help you meet your protein goals.. There is no "magic" in them that helps you lose weight, or gain muscle.

You can eat protein bars or you can eat food that contains protein .....chicken, steak, fat free dairy.

Protien is ONE macro.

I'll quote myself...
    A well rounded diet includes protein, fat and carbs. Your body is also looking for fiber, vitamins, minerals.....so many things are needed to help your body function.

So what do you do afterwards.....eat regular food. But measure portions. CALORIES are about losing weight. Protein, fat, carbs (and the rest) are about nourishment. Examples: you ingest fat to help your body absorb vitamins, carbs give you good energy, protein to help build blood cells.....the list goes on and on.

If you want to lose weight, put the data in MFP and it will tell you how many CALORIES to eat. Eat a well rounded diet to meet nutritional needs.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS! It's just so hard I really see that these protein bars are making me gain so much and I've done so much to lose that it's not helping! I feel so big. I mean like personally what are your opinions on protein bars?

Actually I don't think you understand. Why are you so obsessed with protein bars and how much you weigh? I'm trying to help, as is everyone else on this thread, but you clearly aren't listening to what we have to say if it's not what you want to hear.

On a separate note, how old are you? I'm starting to suspect that you're not actually 18 given your responses.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile pic, you are most likely not overweight. You are obsessing over calories, yet you're binging on protein bars and drinking diet teas. You post repeateadly looking for some kind of assurance or guidance or maybe even acceptance, yet you have repeatedly ignored any logical advice that is given. Just stop. Go talk to your parents, a trusted counsellor, or even better your doctor and get some help. You are headed in a bad direction and seem to be developing or have developed a bad relationship with food. I agree with @MichelleLei1, you don't seem to be 18, but perhaps far younger, which is more concerning.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    What will happen if you just consume protein bars all day but no food?

you will end up with severe malnutrition because you arent getting the vitamins and minerals your body needs,which can cause other health issues,you cannot live off of just protein bars for a long period of time. you need to seek counseling. Im not trying to be mean but what you are doing is not healthy and wont be in the long run. you need to eat real food. protein bars are only to supplement a diet when you cant get enough protein. they are NOT meal replacement bars. they are not meant to replace real food.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to eat only protein bars? They are not magical. They still contain calories. Eating 3000 calories in protein bars is still eating 3000 calories.