Stay at Home Mom

Options
Hi, my name is Ann. I am a mommy of 3, two boys one girl. I have always been overweight since my first child no matter what I have done. I eat fairly healthy, stay as active as I can and try not to go crazy in the process.

I have Celiacs and have only been able to recently go G-free due to money issues. Since starting I have seen my weight inch down but it is turning into a tough battle.

Starting weight 215lbs.
Goal weight 185-180lbs.

Replies

• orawes
    orawes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's tough being at home and not be tempted to eat bad
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    SAHM of 2 (for now) here.

Some advice, if I may?

Eating "fairly healthy" doesn't really mean anything, especially if you say you're still overweight, despite your best efforts. Did you know it's totally possible to gain weight on a diet of nothing but healthy food? The key isn't WHAT you eat, it's HOW MUCH.

Get familiar with the food tracking aspect of My FitnessPal, and stay as accurate as you can. This means weighing food portions out with a scale, not just eyeballing it or portioning with a measuring cup.

Also, MFP might try to tell you to eat 1200 calories a day. Do not do that. You'll lose weight too fast, and probably turn into a raging 'hangry' hag in the interim. Instead, input your data into this website:

http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

The TDEE number it gives you is the total number of calories you burn throughout a typical day. Subtract 20% from that number, and that is your new magic weightloss calorie number to stick to. Make it a habit, stay consistent, and you'll watch pounds fall away. Good luck!
  • Blackened_rose
    Blackened_rose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Honestly I eat proper portions... It is the side effect of having Celiacs, your metabolism slows down ( in my case) and your body has issues taking in nutrients and other essentials from foods which in turn disrupts your body's ability to maintain healthy weight (some go over some under) and other important bodily functions that help maintain a healthy weight.
  • Blackened_rose
    Blackened_rose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    orawes wrote: »
    It's tough being at home and not be tempted to eat bad

Yeah, lol more so when your toddler believes you must eat her Fruit Loops with her for breakfast... Big GF no no all sugar aside.