Post workout

Options
Hey I am trying to gain muscle what do you eat post weights and post hiit sprints? I can't eat eggs, dairy or gluten. Thank you :)

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Anything you want. Just make sure you're eating enough protein throughout the day. >0.8-1g per pound of body weight.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i like to eat a banana. or a protein shake. and then about 45 mins later i eat a proper meal again.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Whatever my body craves within my caloric goals along with macros.

I'm usually craving tuna or chicken then ice cream or pastries of some kind.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    http://www.realclearscience.com/journal_club/2013/01/30/post-exercise_nutrition_window_of_opportunity_all_a_ploy_106450.html

Seeking to determine whether or not such a "window of opportunity" actually exists, health scientists Alan Aragon and Jon Schoenfield conducted a thorough review of the available literature. They discovered that evidence-based support is "far from definitive."

Serious athletes and those interested in significant muscle growth were the only groups for which the potential benefits for post-workout nutrition could not be dismissed, they found.

While a sufficient amount of protein and carbohydrates are needed to repair damaged muscle tissue and refill muscle glycogen stores following a workout (muscle glycogen is stored energy used to fuel moderate to high intensity exertions), the reviewers found that these requirements could easily be sated with a balanced diet and consuming a meal one or two hours before exercise.
  • Lindseygolding13
    Lindseygolding13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @Wetcoaster I train 6 days a week and train basically all day (training for school). Would post workout be important then or nah? I just want to make sure. Thank you!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    @Wetcoaster I train 6 days a week and train basically all day (training for school). Would post workout be important then or nah? I just want to make sure. Thank you!

If you train that much you should know the answer if you follow the science.... Thank you.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes! Premo!!! )