Green tea!!

Options
Is actually a fantastic pre workout beverage! Not to mention the antioxidants! It's definitely one of the healthiest beverages to enjoy. I prefer a small amount of natural honey in mine for a little sweetness. How do you all like to prepare your tea??

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I like infused green tea, my current go-to is green tea with lemon myrtle, though I used to have a green chilli chai that was to die for.
  • BuffDaddyG
    BuffDaddyG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like infused green tea, my current go-to is green tea with lemon myrtle, though I used to have a green chilli chai that was to die for.

That's very interesting! I'm very ignorant to the variety of tea concoctions. Could you share a link with some recipes?
  • patchgirls
    patchgirls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Steep your green tea, add honey and then refridgerate with raspberrys..it a nice change from drinking it hot
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Oh, you have to go to a fancy grocery store that sells teas. I think wholefoods does.
    All kinds of green teas with flavors.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd love to mix my own infusions, but I leave that to the good folk at T2 - there are a heap of online stores that do wonderful mixes too. And check out your local gourmet grocer for varieties!
  • BuffDaddyG
    BuffDaddyG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    patchgirls wrote: »
    Steep your green tea, add honey and then refridgerate with raspberrys..it a nice change from drinking it hot

Very nice, I definitely needed cold tea ideas also! My daughter loves green tea and will drink it to no end, so maybe a nice big pitcher in the fridge with this recipe will go over well.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Iced and not green, or with raspberries or peaches.
  • nevereverend
    nevereverend Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I add matcha powder to my protein shakes. It's pairs well with vanilla and does a great job covering up the crappy taste of some brands of whey protein.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I don't like flavouring my green tea...

We always have sencha, jasmine and dragon pearls...

Just remember that you don't use boiling water for green tea...and you get multiple steeps from one set of leaves (2nd and 3rd are better than the first)...

That all said, I still prefer my lapsang suchong and block of Pu'er....but these are definitely not everyone's cup of tea