quick weight loss tips

Options
how can I loss like ten pounds by april 2

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Ten pounds in 25 days/3.5 weeks? Possibilities:

1) Be probably 75+ pounds overweight and start a diet for the first time and hope for a large water flush.
    2) Turn back time 6.5 weeks and aim at a 1 pound per week weight loss.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Salmonella?
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    My quick tip is that there aren't any quick tips.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Salmonella?

lol
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't quick.

Channel your inner Cher and sing "If I could turn back time".

Seriously though, 10 lbs in that amount of time probably won't happen. Your profile says you had WLS 18 months ago but you've been slipping lately. You state you need to get back to logging. There's your answer. Will you lose the weight by doing so? Yes. Will it happen by April 2? Not likely. Perhaps you should speak to your doctor about this though?
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Hmm....

I was 26 lbs above my normal BMI 4 weeks ago. I have lost 13 lbs as of today. I just follow a rough estimate of 1300-1450 cal per day. MFP tells me 1350 while calorieking says 1500 for 2 lbs/wk loss. Whatever. I do 10 hr of tennis per week with probably only 4 hrs of it intensively. Don't bother with "eating back". I have an office work job.

In this time I pigged out at buffets 3 times and went to my fav. restaurants as usual. Hard to turn down friends and my wife.

I eat my food kinda "strategically" though :) and lots of fish and lean chicken, spring mix salad, little rice, bread, . But still 1300 to 1450 per day when I can google! I don't get headache, intolerable hunger or discomfort which I pay much attention to.

You can do it. Pick a sport you like. I take advantage of my competitive nature and play competitive tennis -- I've been playing a lot better too. My friends owe me lunch for losing!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Hmm....

I was 26 lbs above my normal BMI 4 weeks ago. I have lost 13 lbs as of today. I just follow a rough estimate of 1300-1450 cal per day. MFP tells me 1350 while calorieking says 1500 for 2 lbs/wk loss. Whatever. I do 10 hr of tennis per week with probably only 4 hrs of it intensively. Don't bother with "eating back". I have an office work job.

In this time I pigged out at buffets 3 times and went to my fav. restaurants as usual. Hard to turn down friends and my wife.

I eat my food kinda "strategically" though :) and lots of fish and lean chicken, spring mix salad, little rice, bread, . But still 1300 to 1450 per day when I can google! I don't get headache, intolerable hunger or discomfort which I pay much attention to.

You can do it. Pick a sport you like. I take advantage of my competitive nature and play competitive tennis -- I've been playing a lot better too. My friends owe me lunch for losing!

You're losing fast because you are undereating, malnourishing yourself, and losing more muscle than fat. Best of luck with that.

OP, take it a bit slower, have some patience, and be healthy. The time will pass either way. I have seen more than just a few people give up or harm themselves through being overly restrictive and trying to do too much too fast. Be smart, be healthy, be patient.
  • 21sunshine4
    21sunshine4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Look into Ketosis
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Pick up a 10lb bag of flour, then drop it. Boom, lost 10lbs.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
  • Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Damn that snake gif gives me the hibbie jibbies every time!
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Hmm....

You're losing fast because you are undereating, malnourishing yourself, and losing more muscle than fat. Best of luck with that.

OP, take it a bit slower, have some patience, and be healthy. The time will pass either way. I have seen more than just a few people give up or harm themselves through being overly restrictive and trying to do too much too fast. Be smart, be healthy, be patient.

Please point me to a credible website where it says 2 lbs (or any fix number) loss per week is cut and dry? I'd like to learn.

I'm quite observant and paying close attention to my health -- energy level, performance, sleep pattern, etc. My energy level is highest in years, kinda measure-able against someone whom I've known for 3 years.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Hmm....

Please point me to a credible website where it says 2 lbs (or any fix number) loss per week is cut and dry? I'd like to learn.

I'm quite observant and paying close attention to my health -- energy level, performance, sleep pattern, etc. My energy level is highest in years, kinda measure-able against someone whom I've known for 3 years.

There are studies that demonstrate rapid weight loss tied to gall stones and cardiac complications. I will be happy to forward these to you in the future. I don't have time tonight to locate them. It's not uncommon for people to feel energized during the first periods of rapid losses. It's also no uncommon for these people to hit a wall of exhaustion which takes a long time to recover from. Basically, it's fine, until it's not.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Step 1: go to the store and buy a pack of toilet paper

Step 2: on your way home, stop by Chipotle

Step 3: Enjoy the calm before the storm. Eat your delicious burrito, and make sure you have charged your phone or laptop, have a basket of pop magazines, or have an excellent book handy

Lol in all seriousness though, that's quite a lot to lose in such a little bit of time, and any quick fixes you try will likely only result in the pounds coming back plus some. Unless you're just starting out and you currently drink Coca Cola's or what have you like they're water and you stop all that, then you might see a significant decrease quickly. Otherwise you'd need at least 5 weeks and a sticky calorie deficit
  • marma_13
    marma_13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Why ten pounds? Would 9 pounds do? The point is, the only way to lose 10 pounds, short of cutting off a limb, is to eat properly, i.e, the right foods in the right amounts, move your body regularly, and keep it up everyday. Whether you lose the 10 pounds by April 1 or April 15 or June 1, that is the way it is done. None of us put our weight on over night and none of us will take it off overnight, either. Just take it one meal at a time. Good luck.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I lost 24lbs in 4mths and I was quite chuffed at that speed :lol:
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Anyone posting to this forum looking for weight loss tips is really looking for the mythical weight loss "secret".
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I thought "quick weight loss" posts were supposed to be shut down? MOD! WE NEED A MOD IN HERE!

but seriously 3 weeks and 10 lbs = NO. 6lbs? Maybe. Get up and move, eat filling foods and stay below your maintenance. There's no quick fix I promise you.