Opinion Seeking Rant!!! ;-)

Options
2»

Replies

• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I totally get where your rant was coming from. When DH and I started dating his mother was about half the size of me. 16 years later, the tables have turned quite a bit. I workout and I eat healthy because I enjoy it. Yes, right now I'm trying to lose a few pounds so I feel good in my summer clothes, but, I've been working out and eating healthy for years, this is nothing new. I hate when his family starts in on me about being too skinny. I'm not. At 5'8" 140 - 145lbs is normal for my body type. Just because they have gained weight and are uncomfortable with it they want me to be uncomfortable with being healthy. Ain't gonna work. I have a 9 year old little girl and I need to set a good example for her. I want her to enjoy physical activity and eating healthy. I don't want her being obsessed with looks and sizes. When people say something like that to you give them a comeback like, "Well thank you for your opinion, I'll ask my doctor about it the next time I see her" and see what they say. :p
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an excellent reply lunamare!!! :laugh: Good luck with your goals, you look great and from what you're saying, you're right on track to being a good role model for your little girl. :smile:

Thanks again everyone for your kind words, encouragement, opinions, and constructive criticisms!!! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • rv88
    rv88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It kills me that people are also telling me I am losing too much weight. I am going to continue regardless but why are people so interested in m looks. It is my body, not their body so there is no need to be concerned... :bigsmile:
  • LJV1031
    Options
    EXACTLY Renee!!! That's what I told one of my coworkers. (The one who asked if I puked after eating). I told him, he needed to pay more attention to HIS body and worry a LOT less about mine!!!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Actually, funny story now but not back then. I was sick a few years ago and lost a ton of weight and I really was too thin. A moron friend of Dh's commented on how much weight I had lost (mind you, this jerk used to go on and on about his bimbo trophy wife who left him after about 1 year of marriage) and I shut him up by telling him I had been sick and yes I lost too much weight and no I still wasn't feeling well. Another friend at work made a comment to me a little while later of "Okay, are you going to stop losing weight now?" And at least the way he said it I knew he meant well. I explained to him in a kinder manner that I had been sick and yes, I was trying to gain some weight back. It's funny how the situation and the way it's stated to you can change the way you respond and feel about the comment.
  • LJV1031
    Options
    *sigh* People are so inconsiderate at times. There is a reason we are taught to be tactful and not blurt out the first thing that comes to our heads, but I guess people just don't get it!!! Like the coworker I mentioned... asking me if I throw up after eating. This is the SAME guy who a year ago, told me I need to stop eating so much before I get fat!!! LOL... maybe he thinks he's the reason I've shaped up. Too bad for him, I didn't even think of his rude comment until 2.5 seconds ago, since he first said it! ;-)
  • Actavella
    Actavella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I read this poem once that said when your light shines it blinds others and they want to tone down the light because it bothers them. People are jealous and threatened when someone else is a SUCCESS AT ANYTHING. Even with education or relationships. I am a pre-med student, and I even find that people get offended when I tell them I want to be a doctor. They say "why don't you want to be a nurse?". Miserable people are threatened by happy, ambitious individuals as yourself! SHINE YOUR LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look great. As long as you feel healthy, don't let what they say bother you.
  • elinger
    elinger Posts: 33
    Options
    You look great I hope to look that skinny LOL
    I think people get use to seeing people at a ceartain weight and when that changes they find it different and they say your too skinny, but theyll get use the new you just as much as you like the new you .
  • LJV1031
    Options
    Thank you ladies. I'm back to being my normal, confident self. Screw the rest! I'm awesome... as are all of you!!! =D Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement!!! :flowerforyou: