6 weeks in and not the result I was hoping for...

Options
Ok...so I am not a healthy person...I love chocolate and candy! BUT, I did decide to try a bootcamp close to my house and really give it my all. I love it! I love the workouts, trainers, all of it...until I did my 6 week assessment. I wanted to cry! I have done everything right, my protein, fat, calories...all of it! And I lost 1 lb. Super discouraged...all Noone else out there have a slow start?? Tell me it gets better!!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    1 Lb in six weeks would suggest that you don't have the deficit that you think you have.
  • roseannestephens
    roseannestephens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big person but I have areas that need work! I've never been one to exercise so I kinda thought this huge transformation would show big...
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? Also, how much water are you drinking?
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    I'm not a big person but I have areas that need work! I've never been one to exercise so I kinda thought this huge transformation would show big...

No huge transformation is going to take place in six weeks...people build fitness bodies over years. I'm 3.5 years into this whole thing and there are still plenty of areas I need to work on. A fitness body is derived from living a fitness centric lifestyle, not a handful of weeks. Just keep at it...develop healthy habits and take them into perpetuity.
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would double check your daily calorie intake, make sure you're drinking enough water and realize if you're building muscle, it weighs more than fat. Healthy weight loss is .5 - 1# a week. Although, IF you're caloric intake dropped dramatically when you began your tracking, many people lose 3-5# the first week. If you're using The Biggest Loser as a an example of typical weight loss, don't. It's unrealistic. I'd start by revisiting what your daily calories should be.
  • roseannestephens
    Options
    I went to a 1200 calorie diet with 100 g of protein a day. I am eating the right fats, greens, meats...I just want to know if the start up is a slow process. I love the changes I've made I just want to make sure I'm doing this the right way.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It takes a while for your body to adapt to anything. DON"T GIVE UP! 6 weeks is not enough time to get discouraged.
  • roseannestephens
    Options
    So when does one start seeing results??
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your food? Are you using a food scale?
  • roseannestephens
    Options
    I measure my nuts, seeds, greens...things like that. My meat I get comes weighted so I figure my portions that way. I track everything I eat, including any treat I may have.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You need to weigh everything...nuts, seeds, greens, meat, yogurt. Don't forget cooking oils, drinks, condiments.

What results are you looking for exactly? Weight loss? It's going to come from your deficit. The class is just helping you create one. Not quite enough of one though if you're tracking is not accurate.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Fitness happens at boot camp. I encourage you to read the sticky threads at the top of each MFP forum. They give you lots of valuable info that will answer many of your questions.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    I went to a 1200 calorie diet with 100 g of protein a day. I am eating the right fats, greens, meats...I just want to know if the start up is a slow process. I love the changes I've made I just want to make sure I'm doing this the right way.

If you're truly eating 1200 calories and doing that exercise, you'd be losing weight...some way or another you are eating more than you think you are.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh yourself at any other point in the 6 weeks?
  • evab25
    evab25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is also possible you aren't eating enough. 1200 calories is pretty restrictive, depending on your body measurements. As someone else mentioned, hopefully you took measurements??
    I did an 8 week fitness class a few years back and was also pretty disappointed in my over loss of weight....but was very happy with my measurements. Don't let a number discourage you & keep at it one day at a time.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Well, 6 weeks is the minimum before I see the beginning of progress. Keep it up. Just keep going. Are you in for life?
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8.... The scale went down 1 pound in the first 3 days... Then back up 1.5 pounds and now today... Exact same as I started 8 days ago. I have been logging everything and staying within the calorie intake. Exercising every day. Very frustrating. So I measured this morning... And my measurements are down approx 1/4 inch everywhere. Obviously the scale is not the only thing to go by.