Fabletics.. yay or nay?

Options
Im tired of spending ridiculous amounts of money at Lululemon for good workouts gear. I like quality and style, but i find the quality-price ratio isint that worth it.

Anyone here tried fabletics? What's your take on it? im not a fan of the monthly commitment, is there a way out of it? Can i cancel after 2 months for example?

Thanks for all your replies :)

Replies

• CAKarlos
    CAKarlos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    From what I have read it is extremely difficult to get out. I know the cute outfits and price are tempting but I would avoid it. Try Title Nine or Athleta sale items.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    What the above poster said. I also found the quality of the clothes to be somewhat lacking. I really like Wantable - they have a few different boxes they do, including a fitness one. This one works a bit differently, similar to a StitchFix or Trunk Club model if you're familiar with those. Basically you pay a $20 styling fee a month, they send you a bunch of clothes, and you pay just for what you keep. The $20 styling fee works as a credit toward any purchases you make, and if you keep a few things you get a pretty significant discount.

Some of the stuff is a little pricey, but I can always send it back. I've also been introduced to a lot of great brands through it, from whom I regularly watch sales from. They also make it really easy to skip a month or cancel without having to call, which is huge for me.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    How is it hard to get out? I saw on the website there is a number to call to cancel anytime.

I just got my first outfit for $25 - it's cute, but I think the "regular" prices are too high. I will probably cancel.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I because of the monthly commitment, there's no way I'd do it . Usually when a company has to force people to stay with them its because they are selling a low quality product with a high price.
    If the clothes where really that great, why wouldn't they just let the people order whenever . why do they need a monthly commitment? Same as the just fan shoes, cheap Payless quality .

You wouldn't see a major clothing company with decent products like Ralph Lauren force people to commit to buying monthly because they know their product is good quality. People will come back and buy again.

Think about these mutli level marketing companies like beach body, isagenix and itworks. Same exact thing. Low low quality product, high cost. Forced commitment.

Instead of buying from them , you could easily find good quality workout gear at a discount. I find plenty of nice things like Nike, Marika, under armour at tj maxx or Ross . look for sales, buy your clothes when you want them. Not when a company forces you to
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    well lets see, they are a sister site of just fab. and lets just say I was a member of just fab and even when I said I didnt want the next item(you have a certain time limit to deny the next months item) by the required time,they still tried to charge my credit card.so I called and canceled they put me on VIP status without my permission.well it wasnt canceled. I didnt have the money on my card so they would keep trying to charge it even though I canceled. I called back several more times and they told me that I was still a member not a VIP and that charge would be a credit saved for when I wanted another item. I told them no I didnt want to buy anything from them ever again. they didnt listen. I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one. They do not take no for an answer and will charge you and give you that "charge" as a credit,they try to keep getting you to stay on as a vip and they dont like losing members. I know of people who have been charged months on end and only received half of their money back. so skip those fabletics and find a better alternative. I find factory outlet stores have better deals and better qualities for things. even danskin items at walmart are a better alternative.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I will try canceling in the morning.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    No, no, no
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • balle1965
    balle1965 Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I tried one outfit, the first one for $25. Quality of the material was so-so. You have to sign on to your account before the month starts to "skip" getting an outfit automatically sent to you. They send an email at the end of the month which reminds you to "skip." I'll probably cancel my membership too. The clothes at Target are just as fine! :wink:
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    balle1965 wrote: »
    I tried one outfit, the first one for $25. Quality of the material was so-so. You have to sign on to your account before the month starts to "skip" getting an outfit automatically sent to you. They send an email at the end of the month which reminds you to "skip." I'll probably cancel my membership too. The clothes at Target are just as fine! :wink:

they still charge you even if you skip.just fab did it to me. I skipped in time but they still tried to charge me. only reason they couldnt is because I didnt have any money on my card at the time to cover it.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The quality is terrible.
  • Julia_is_tracking
    Julia_is_tracking Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No I didn't like how misleading the subscription was and quality was subpar. Old navy and gap had less expensive work out gear and quality is fine but nothing beats lulu, athleta, or Nike. You really get what you pay for!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i really like like the stuff from express and victorias secret, personally.

i also have a ton from walmart and target.
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I got my first outfit from Fabthletics and I love the quality! Even better than Nike, plus it's made for a woman's body! I skipped the first month, and plan on doing that until it's time for me to find another cute outfit (hopefully having lost some weight to buy a smaller one).

They didn't charge me for skipping a month either.

• SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've found the tek gear stuff at kohls to hold up and fit well...plus if you find the stuff on clearance with a 30% off coupon - aces :smile:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Nay, I hated the clothes I got except a sports bra. They try to talk you out of canceling when you call and keep you on the phone forever. I wouldn't do it.
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I did a while ago before the commercials were all over the place, and at the time I liked the quality of the gear but it was a pain in the@$$ to cancel. I had no issues with skipping and I never got charged for something I didn't order, but I just don't need enough workout clothes to justify a subscription service.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I think I've been a member for about a year. I've only bought 2 outfits. I like all the stuff I got from there, but I just skip the month if I don't see anything I love. Right now I'm holding out for a smaller size.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    dorkyfaery wrote: »
    I did a while ago before the commercials were all over the place, and at the time I liked the quality of the gear but it was a pain in the@$$ to cancel. I had no issues with skipping and I never got charged for something I didn't order, but I just don't need enough workout clothes to justify a subscription service.

you must be one of the lucky ones that didnt get charged. many people have. even for the skipped months.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has the best quality by far, IMHO. Full price is steep but they run sales often. Last fall they had a promotion to buy one sports bra and get a pair of workout pants for free. Given the fact that the bras can be around $35.00 and the pants are $65.00 or $75.00 it was a steal! I stocked up during that time.

Xersion brand at JC Penny is good, too, but not near the quality of VS.