Round face and I hate it...how to get rid of it?

13»

Replies

• carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    sarsather wrote: »
    I have the same exact concern and insecurity and I believe some is genetics and I guess as more weight is shed off the face may slim down too. Too bad we can't spot reduce. My baby face cheeks are always brought up and I hate it too. I use a contouring makeup thing and it helps somewhat.

Well I guess that's one thing I got from my mom. The thing is I don't want to keep relying on makeup because too much I feel just, I don't know, fake. I feel like I'm covering up who I really am. And I feel like I'm trying to be a different person.

That last bit is kind of ironic given the title of this thread. Seems like all you want to do is change something that is a defining part of your physical appearance. The shape of your face comes from your bone structure. It is who you really are. So if you don't like that and you want to change it, what difference does it make if it's done with makeup or whatever solution you thought you were going to find here?

Exactly.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    My face is super round, but people often think I'm at least 10 years younger. So, I'll accept the roundness and high cheekbones. I'm more concerned about getting rid of the chub underneath my chin that is more apparent when I'm looking down...it's GOT TO GO.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    sarsather wrote: »
    I have the same exact concern and insecurity and I believe some is genetics and I guess as more weight is shed off the face may slim down too. Too bad we can't spot reduce. My baby face cheeks are always brought up and I hate it too. I use a contouring makeup thing and it helps somewhat.

Well I guess that's one thing I got from my mom. The thing is I don't want to keep relying on makeup because too much I feel just, I don't know, fake. I feel like I'm covering up who I really am. And I feel like I'm trying to be a different person.

That last bit is kind of ironic given the title of this thread. Seems like all you want to do is change something that is a defining part of your physical appearance. The shape of your face comes from your bone structure. It is who you really are. So if you don't like that and you want to change it, what difference does it make if it's done with makeup or whatever solution you thought you were going to find here?

I guess I'll need to get use to makeup a bit more then.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Chew gum to spot reduce the fat in your face. Just kidding, you can't spot reduce.
    scolaris wrote: »
    Faces thin out with age. I am also fuller faced & it is youthful as one ages.
    So get contouring for the short term!
    Really? I didn't know faces thinned as you aged. Interesting.

This. Your face will naturally thin out as you age, it's part of what we are used to using to identify other people's age. So enjoy it, it probably helps you look young.
    I am wondering why in the world anybody would want their face to be like Taylor Swift's face.

She looks like a weasel.

Well personally I have always been a fan of her. And despite what some people will say I personally think she's very beautiful. Sure she's skinny, but it's not like she forced herself that way like some women in the media, she's just naturally skinny.

• srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2016
    Stay hydrated! I find my face is very capable of holding excess water. Staying on top of water consumption keeps my face looking slimmer.

And, I'm gonna get eye rolls for this lol, but if you wanna give it a shot, Google "face yoga exercises"

I know a couple models that do these things to help the appearance of high cheekbones, etc. Idk if it really works, but it can't hurt?
    Otherwise, everyone else has said it: just appreciate your pretty face ! Round cheeks will benefit you when you age.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Chew gum to spot reduce the fat in your face. Just kidding, you can't spot reduce.

This. Your face will naturally thin out as you age, it's part of what we are used to using to identify other people's age. So enjoy it, it probably helps you look young.
    I am wondering why in the world anybody would want their face to be like Taylor Swift's face.

She looks like a weasel.

Well personally I have always been a fan of her. And despite what some people will say I personally think she's very beautiful. Sure she's skinny, but it's not like she forced herself that way like some women in the media, she's just naturally skinny.

She is not skinny--she is incredibly, unsustainable thin. Look of picture of her in her teens versus now--she has lost a lot of weight and perhaps had plastic surgery.

Why not be the best version of yourself instead of a faint copy of someone famous?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    I know I don't want plastic surgery. I don't want to go that crazy. But wouldn't making sure low sodium in your diet is key?

You face looks "heart shaped" to me!
    Use blush and a good highlighter! ;-)

Really? And I always wished I had a skinny bone structure or a heart shaped face too.

Sodium has nothing to do with it.

And you do NOT have a chubby face.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    I've got a round face, even at a low BMI, and honestly although it annoyed me constantly having to show ID for things like lottery tickets until I was 22-23, I am hoping my chubby cheeks will be a blessing as I get older as I'm vain and I've got used to being told I look young for my age.

It's a bit like wishing you were taller or something. It is what is and your best bet is to learn to embrace it.
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2016
    Stay hydrated! I find my face is very capable of holding excess water. Staying on top of water consumption keeps my face looking slimmer.

And, I'm gonna get eye rolls for this lol, but if you wanna give it a shot, Google "face yoga exercises"

I know a couple models that do these things to help the appearance of high cheekbones, etc. Idk if it really works, but it can't hurt?
    Otherwise, everyone else has said it: just appreciate your pretty face ! Round cheeks will benefit you when you age.

I definitely agree with the facial exercises, I've had a very good result from them but as you say, mention such methods here and you get sneered at. It's a shame that some are so ignorant as to automatically attack such suggestions without a little research.

To the OP, as you age as mentioned by PP, you will probably find your face loses some of its fullness.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member

She looks like a weasel.

Frankly, the last picture I saw of her from that awards show, I thought she'd been ill, she looked that gaunt.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    misskarne wrote: »

She looks like a weasel.

Frankly, the last picture I saw of her from that awards show, I thought she'd been ill, she looked that gaunt.

Okay true, very true.
    Taylor is tremendously skinnier than usual anymore from when she started. But you never know, her mom has cancer and that runs in her family then. So, you never know.
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    I agree with the others about contouring. I've still got a bit of weight to go (like 20 pounds) and I think my face will always be round with a double chin. It just will.

Learning to do basic contouring has made the world of difference to my confidence.
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    vingogly wrote: »
    Plastic surgery. Or, learn to appreciate the features you have as your fiancee apparently does.

This. Also contouring. Some people have round faces and are really thin. Look at Ginnifer Goodwin. Thin, but round face. You can cut your hair in a way that will flatter your face.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    When rich hollywood ladies get old, they pay plastic surgeons to inject fillers into their face to get their face to look full like yours.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member

She looks like a weasel.

That's interesting. I'm assuming that, if you know how she did or didn't get thin, you know her personally - maybe even live with her, if you're with her enough to be that confident about your knowledge of her diet and exercise regimen. If so, then you've certainly been up close enough to her to know that her face looks like it does because of her bone structure. If you don't have a similar bone structure, you won't have a similar face.

The answer to "How can I look like Celebrity X" is always going to be "Go back in time and be born to Celebrity X's parents." Try any other strategy and you wind up one of those sad people who have thousands of dollars of plastic surgery trying to look like some random celebrity and you become an internet meme.
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Try a bump-it in your hair to elongate your face. One good thing about having a round face though is, you will look young for a long time.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Larissa_NY wrote: »

She looks like a weasel.

That's interesting. I'm assuming that, if you know how she did or didn't get thin, you know her personally - maybe even live with her, if you're with her enough to be that confident about your knowledge of her diet and exercise regimen. If so, then you've certainly been up close enough to her to know that her face looks like it does because of her bone structure. If you don't have a similar bone structure, you won't have a similar face.

The answer to "How can I look like Celebrity X" is always going to be "Go back in time and be born to Celebrity X's parents." Try any other strategy and you wind up one of those sad people who have thousands of dollars of plastic surgery trying to look like some random celebrity and you become an internet meme.

Okay don't be an *kitten*.
  • tripple7
    tripple7 Posts: 22 Member
    I have a very slim figure but have a chubby/round face. My cheeks are the same as "Selena Gomez" Compared to yours my face is definitely chubbier.

I have always been called 'cute' by other people and they always pinch my cheeks.. People without chubby faces are usually not cute, they probably fall in the "sexy category".
    Other people mention the age thing and it's definitely true. People still think I'm a teenager and get asked for ID all the time to prove my ages in shops or night clubs.

I have also read articles of other celebrities who get cheek fillers to make their faces fuller or chubbier ..

The point is you think getting a slimmer face will make you look like Taylor swift or make you look better but when you change one thing on your face you also find that you will need to change your chin, nose, eyebrow shape etc so that it goes along with 'your new found cheeks' ... you really don't know how you will end up looking, you might not even like the new look.

All I'm saying is having a chubby face is not all bad. You just need someone to motivate you into accepting & loving yourself. And I don't mean to bust your bubble but If the pic on your profile is you then I wouldn't class you *kitten* chubby faced. Your face looks normal. Compare it to Selena Gomez as mentioned above.

Maybe you should change the title to " how to get cheek bones or how to get a slimmer face "

Also to get slimmer face doesn't require open surgery .. They surgeon just injects you with something and the cheek fat will melt away and it costs less than $2000. So it's nothing to be scared of if your heart is really set on getting the Taylor swift face.