Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1200 calorie: dinner ideas.

Hi everyone,
I mostly struggles with what to make/eat for dinner. After my exercise, I get home around 7:15-7:30pm so usually eat at 8-8:30pm, not a really good time to eat dinner.

Any tips on healthy dinner?
~thanks!

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Eating dinner late doesn't hinder weight loss. I usually eat dinner after 7:30 pm and have had no problem losing weight.

Tips - I suggest the recipes forum here. People usually post food ideas.
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Salmon fresh. I just had the guy at the grocery store make it into a package for me with all the spices included (rosemary lemon pepper etc) throw in the oven for 18 mins. Get some brown rice and microwave steam some veggies. Salmon has all those good omega fats we need as well.
  • louisedbatchelor1983
    louisedbatchelor1983 Posts: 42 Member
    Salmon is my go-to meal
    I use just bake it, then have broccoli, green beans & whole wheat cous cous
  • murlandpierre2016
    murlandpierre2016 Posts: 42 Member
    Eating dinner late doesn't hinder weight loss. I usually eat dinner after 7:30 pm and have had no problem losing weight.

Tips - I suggest the recipes forum here. People usually post food ideas.

Thank you! I'll have a look.
  • murlandpierre2016
    akerra27 wrote: »
    Salmon fresh. I just had the guy at the grocery store make it into a package for me with all the spices included (rosemary lemon pepper etc) throw in the oven for 18 mins. Get some brown rice and microwave steam some veggies. Salmon has all those good omega fats we need as well.

Great!
    I usually eat my vegetables for lunch.
    Can it also be Frozen?
  • murlandpierre2016
    Salmon is my go-to meal
    I use just bake it, then have broccoli, green beans & whole wheat cous cous

Thanks!
    Love broccoli!!
  • jademaid
    jademaid Posts: 13 Member
    Are you looking for dinner ideas up to 1200 calories or is that your daily allowance?

Also, as long as you are allowing yourself at least 30 minutes between ending your meal and before you sleep, you should be fine with eating late and still reaching your goals.
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    If you're looking for something simple I like to grab a rotisserie chicken and a bag of microwave steam fresh veggies. Low calorie , simple , and yummy!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    If you are working out you can probably eat more than 1200/day.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    I make ton of recipes from here -

http://www.emilybites.com/

http://drizzlemeskinny.com/

Some recipes are more complex/time intensive than others but there are also tons of quick and easy recipes. Rarely are they over 400 calories for a serving (often less!) and have really enjoyed almost everything I have made from each site.
  • dsadburrito
    dsadburrito Posts: 17 Member
    I find what really helps me is planning. I have a whiteboard calendar that I plan all my dinners for the month on, so I always know what I'm having!

Googling healthy dinners, healthy chicken dinners, etc. is how I find pretty well all my recipes.
  • Elvirka_xoxo
    Elvirka_xoxo Posts: 58 Member
    Pinterest is the saver for me
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Gypsy stew from the moosewood collection. Double it and it feeds 2 people dinner for most of the week.
  • punkyb07
    punkyb07 Posts: 43 Member
    I cook my protein for the week on Sunday and pair it with 1 or 2 single-serve microwaveable vegetables. So all I have to do when I walk in is 5 minutes of heating up. Some folks prefer to prepare a meal but I'm lazy.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,159 Member
    Agree 100% with buying a rotisserie chicken and just adding ready made salad, or if you want, boil eggs ahead of time and have the hard boiled egg for dinner and make lunchtime your "main" meal---if you've set 1200 calories as your goal, don't believe those who say it's ok to eat back those exercise calories---until you hit goal. ....strict food counts are a good idea.

Doing weekly cooking on your days off would probably help also.

I wouldn't come home and start cooking at 8pm either.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Also, Skinny Taste blog, in addition to those that smcrimmon84 added.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    punkyb07 wrote: »
    I cook my protein for the week on Sunday and pair it with 1 or 2 single-serve microwaveable vegetables. So all I have to do when I walk in is 5 minutes of heating up. Some folks prefer to prepare a meal but I'm lazy.

Yes me too! So much easier and it makes me less likely to grab bad food on the way home!
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 350 Member
    Slow cooker (crockpot) can be your friend! Loads & loads of healthy slow cooker recipes on the net, I just modify to take out unnecessary fats & sugars. Can make enough for several meals @ one time, & can use less expensive ingredients.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,104 Member
    Eating late is really only a problem if you suffer from GERD. People with acid reflux usually find that laying down too soon after eating exacerbates the problem. As far as weight loss eating late doesn't make any difference. I eat the same things for dinner that I always have. I just weigh my portions to make sure I stay in my calorie goal.
  • murlandpierre2016
    Thanks everyone!