5'2 relatively active women maintaining

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Man...I need to get more active. I'm 5'4" so a bit taller than you ladies when I was 128/130 lbs my maintenance was only 1800.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'2. It varies, but I've been pretty active these past few weeks, and I was eating 1700-2100 calories to maintain my 108-114 lb range, which is what my Fitbit Charge HR was telling me to eat.
  • neldabg
    Options
    jyvonne27 wrote: »
    This is so inspiring! I am 5 ft nothing and have been trying to lose on 1200 a day and 1400 on the weekend. Maintaining at 1700-2000 sounds incredible :)

It is incredible! It's silly, I know, and after doing this whole CICO thing for so long, I know better, but a tiny piece of me still expects the scale to climb up when I eat past 2,000 calories. It never does though. :)
  • sarab260
    sarab260 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    neldabg, what is pretty active? Can you give a timeframe or estimated average caloric burn?
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5'2", maintaining between 125-130. I have my maintenance calories set at 1400 (which is what MFP recommended), but do add back exercise calories by being linked to fitbit. I do crossfit 5/week and walk a minimum of 10,000 steps per day. So far I'm holding steady, but still pretty new to maintenance and still quite nervous. Good luck and thanks to everyone else for the info. It's enlightening. I know everyone is different, but its interesting to see what others of similar stature are doing.
  • neldabg
    edited March 2016
    Options
    sarab260 wrote: »
    neldabg, what is pretty active? Can you give a timeframe or estimated average caloric burn?

The timeframe is from January 25, 2016 to March 6, 2016.
    Hmmm... I consider the fact that I averaged more than 10k steps a day, climbed many floors, did yoga everyday, and quick toning videos after each yoga session as "pretty active". As for the estimated calorie burns, here are the stats from my Fitbit progress reports from this period:
    b52wejbamp39.jpg
    3shl8nkpcptb.jpg
    5ztagw54vdug.jpg
    8jwavtby15ha.jpg
    1zmu3h4z3gbg.jpg
    p82lfemqqgh1.jpg

• sarab260
    Options
    WOW! Neldabg you are killing it!
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 107lbs and maintain on 2200. I'm usually 100 to 200 caloies under that most days and still losing, but very slowly. I'm somewhat active. I work on my feet and take around 17,000 to 26,000 steps per day. I lift heavy 3 days a week.
  • gember85
    gember85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great conversation here as I'm 5 foot 1 and a half. The half is very important lol. I'm. Still losing but will need to maintain soon so good to see what others my build eat x
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    5'3" 110-111 pounds 39 yo. I'm pretty active in the gym 4-5 times a week + walking most days as well. I maintain at about 1800-1900.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yep Im 5'1, 100 pounds and if everyday I reach my step goal of 10,000, and I do not workout, then I eat 1800 calories.
    On the days that I do an hour of cardio as well, I eat 2000 calories.
    And on lazy Sundays, I eat around 1400-1500!
    :)
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Looking for very specific advice from not MFP or another online calculator.

I'm 5'2 and currently 119.6lb (trying to get to the bottom of my maintenance range of 115 and stay 115-120). I actively burn 350-500 calories 6x a week, on average, between cardio and lifting.

Can anyone with similar statistics tell me what they maintain on?

Thanks!
    Sara

While the information might be interesting, it really doesn't matter what other women of a similar height and weight maintain on.

Having a similar height and weight doesn't tell the whole story. Other people may have differing amounts of body fat and muscle mass, they may have different metabolic profiles (e.g. thyroid issues, hormonal changes due to recent history of modest, moderate or severe calorie restriction, relative insulin sensitivity, etc.) and different activity levels.

It really doesn't make a difference what other people are maintaining on, because you need to determine your own maintenance needs specific to your situation.

One way to do that is to keep accurate logs of your calorie intake, exercise activity and weight fluctuations and try to divine your maintenance needs from that.

If you are interested, MFP member EvgeniZyntx's blog is worth a read. He developed a tool for exporting your MFP data and analyzing it to monitor your trends and determine your "observed TDEE": http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/mfp-data-export-tool-the-overview-659927 and http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx?month=201407 (I haven't personally used his tool, because it isn't available for Macs, but I've been keeping track of all my MFP data, exercise data, etc. on an Excel spreadsheet since I started with MFP and it is useful for visualizing trends.)

John Walker's Hacker's Diet has some information about calculating your weight trends and maintaining your weight, too: https://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/

• sarab260
    Options
    minizebu wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Looking for very specific advice from not MFP or another online calculator.

I'm 5'2 and currently 119.6lb (trying to get to the bottom of my maintenance range of 115 and stay 115-120). I actively burn 350-500 calories 6x a week, on average, between cardio and lifting.

Can anyone with similar statistics tell me what they maintain on?

Thanks!
    Sara

While the information might be interesting, it really doesn't matter what other women of a similar height and weight maintain on.

Having a similar height and weight doesn't tell the whole story. Other people may have differing amounts of body fat and muscle mass, they may have different metabolic profiles (e.g. thyroid issues, hormonal changes due to recent history of modest, moderate or severe calorie restriction, relative insulin sensitivity, etc.) and different activity levels.

It really doesn't make a difference what other people are maintaining on, because you need to determine your own maintenance needs specific to your situation.

One way to do that is to keep accurate logs of your calorie intake, exercise activity and weight fluctuations and try to divine your maintenance needs from that.

If you are interested, MFP member EvgeniZyntx's blog is worth a read. He developed a tool for exporting your MFP data and analyzing it to monitor your trends and determine your "observed TDEE": http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/mfp-data-export-tool-the-overview-659927 and http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx?month=201407 (I haven't personally used his tool, because it isn't available for Macs, but I've been keeping track of all my MFP data, exercise data, etc. on an Excel spreadsheet since I started with MFP and it is useful for visualizing trends.)

John Walker's Hacker's Diet has some information about calculating your weight trends and maintaining your weight, too: https://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/

Thank you! This is good to know :)

As you recommend, I weigh everything I eat to the gram, use my Apple Watch HR monitor to track activity, and weigh myself at the same time post-workout every morning and track it on my HappyScale app. When it comes time for maintenance (fingers crossed, soon!!), I should hopefully be able to use these tactics to understand what my body needs.

Thank you as well for these links!!! I'm checking them out now.

Any other advice is always welcome — feel free to add me, and give me any tips on my diary, etc.