Why am I not losing weight anymore ☹

Options
124»

Replies

• iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    I'm having a similar problem... I'm 6 weeks into my lifestyle change, but I've plateaued for two weeks now. Being patient isn't something I'm very good with, so I bought a food scale at the beginning of the week ($12 on Amazon) and I discovered that I was seriously underestimating some of my cals. For example, I logged a small sweet potato as 5oz when really it was 10oz! That's a 121 cal difference, which can definitely add up. I'm not sure if it's what caused the plateau or not, but it helps that I feel like I'm doing something different. Good luck!
    ^^ That. For kicks and giggles, I measured something in a cup, then weighed it, and the difference was off enough where if I went by measuring cup I would have been eating more calories than I thought I was. A lot of the posts you'll see from people having issues with loss will consistently tell people to weigh, and log as the weight, not by cup for better consistency.

This! Someone just posted a video in another thread where a guy did the same thing and showed you the differences in weight. The brand of cup even makes a difference of how much is in there it seems.
  • vaguelyvegan
    vaguelyvegan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My weight loss took the form of a ball bouncing down a flight of steps: a new low, followed by a 1-2 pound gain, followed by another new low. I just kept telling myself that I was no longer living the lifestyle of a fat person. I was being honest about my caloric intake, getting plenty of exercise, and keeping track of everything with MFP. I knew that my body would not be able to hold onto its fat stores in the long run, so I learned to wait out the patterns of my weight loss and keep on keeping on.

Good luck!