Vegetables and Fruits.....do you log them?

Options
2»

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Everything I eat and drink is logged. Everything has calories and they add up.
    To avoid another post that comes up daily, "Why am I not losing weight"?
    Weigh it, measure it, and log it all. Stay within your calorie amount, and you will not be posting one of the daily "why am I not losing", topics.
  • jgaffney86
    jgaffney86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you bite it you write it!

Fruits and Veggies have calories. Bananas usually around 110 calories ish. Apples around 80 depending on size. That can all add up!
  • ecoforestry
    ecoforestry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    "If you bite it, write it!" Is my philosophy.

That being said, I am very careful in measuring portions with calorie-dense foods (like pasta, cheese, etc) and a little more relaxed about measuring low calorie veggies (like cucumber slices).
    I like to use a kitchen scale for most measuring. Much easier and more accurate than volume for most foods. So, I would ALWAYS weigh a piece of pizza if I splurged on that (and figure out calories from that ). I might just estimate a handful of veggies.
    This also encourages me to eat the veggies, because it is less work to log them : )
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Both of them have calories in them so of course I log them.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter if you eat a diet of 100% steak or 100% vegetables...if you are eating more than you are burning, you CAN get fat off of it. I'm vegan. I'm almost entirely a whole-foods vegan and have been nearly my entire life. 90% of what I eat on a daily basis are vegetables, and guess what? I got fat. Of course you should log them. If it has calories, log it.
  • ndfan620
    ndfan620 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I log them as well.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Count them. I'll have close to 250 calories by the end of the day.

That's the difference of me losing a half pound a week... that I wouldn't lose if I didn't log them!

^^ this
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I always log the fruit I have with breakfast and lunch. But the veg that I have on the side with dinner really depends on how close I am to my calorie limit. 100g of brocolli is about 30 odd calories. I don't eat close to 100g of brocolli with my dinner, so I'm not t0o bothered about logging that 15 calories.

But I'm losing weight when I want and maintaining when I want. The moment that I stop being able to do either of those then I would start logging everything.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I log veggies, except sometimes I won't log lettuce I put on something. Lettuce may as well be air, IMO. :smile:
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Log them. They are still contributing to your overall calorie intake. If you have 2 pieces of fruit per day and 5 servings of veggies, that could be in excess of 200 calories, why wouldn't you log that?