Fast Metabolism Diet

Options
sueset
sueset Posts: 12 Member
I've noticed some interest in the Fast Metabolism Diet. My friend and I have both tried it and have had amazing results. I did it last year and was amazed at success. This is the first diet that has worked for me in years. I'm on week one again now. It works!

Replies

• tmr57
    tmr57 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 and so far lost 9 pounds. I really like having structure in my diet, meaning I don't do well with simply counting calories because I tend to make poor choices, although I have been keeping track of my calories on my fitness pal. This has been extremely satisfying, I am not hungry, no cravings, and eating extremely healthy. Very happy so far.
  • DeAnna_DMBFan
    DeAnna_DMBFan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday. I've lost a pound. I guess I should be happy, but it seems like ALL the stories I read, people were losing a lot more than that (especially since most stalled or gained in Phase 3 in their first week). Should I be worried? My calorie count was actually under my MFP goal when I did cardio on Monday. I'm just trying to lose 20 lbs, but should I be concerned that I'm not eating enough? I'm hungry all the time and the meals are too big to eat, so I kind of snack all day. I wonder if that's a bad thing.
  • madmadamemeam
    madmadamemeam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started Monday too! I have not been hungry at all, I do miss my coffee though. I will be interested in seeing how the rest of you do! Good luck!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of that one. Doing it less than a year ago and already needing to lose again doesn't sound like a diet that works? I personally don't really like diets in general, in my experience people mostly stick to them until they lose what they want, then they think they can stop dieting because they reached their goal, and then they just gain again after a while because they go back to their old eating habits that led them to being overweight in the first place. Good luck though, we all do things differently.
  • not2old2move
    not2old2move Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started the Fast Metabolism Diet 6 days ago and have lost 3 pounds. I don't believe in diets either, steam,but this is more of a repair job for the metabolism and organs. I think instead of "diets" we need to change our eating habits and make it a way of life. I have learned from this that I can eat food that I like and still lose weight. (I still have to watch my portion sizes of pasta though. That is my downfall!) DeAnna, I would suggest you eat a lot more fresh veggies. They help to fill you up. If you are not eating enough you are going to have more trouble losing the weight. Your body goes into starvation mode and will not let go of those pounds!! There is a lot of good info out there that tells you that we need to eat more to lose more. Sounds crazy I know but I have experimented with myself and have found that every time I restrict my calorie input I will not lose any weight. But as soon as I start to eat the proper amounts again, I start losing. This is one thing that is stressed in Haylie Pomroy's books and at her clinics. Hope you are having success now!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    L
    O
    L
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    el oh el
  • mtomseth
    mtomseth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started FMD two weeks ago! I love how I feel and my body is responding. After I went into menopause NOTHING, and I mean nothing was working to budge the scale by more than a pound or two in a month and I would get discouraged. I feel hopeful, for the first time in a very long time since. I've lost over 10 pounds eating foods that are healthy and taste good.
  • goldnfoxy
    goldnfoxy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Did u complete the FMD...how many rounds did you do did you complete with the goals you set for yourself? I'm starting Monday. Thanks
  • christel2
    christel2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So how has it worked for you guys I'm on my second day in FMD
  • JuanKRuiz
    JuanKRuiz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting week 3... just 300 grs less. Too much effort for too few results. Any way I was trying to lose a single pound for 6 months with low-calorie and intense training cardio & weight without any results... so, in some way it has worked, I'm eating more, exercising less and at least losing some grs in a half month.
  • leebeebumble
    leebeebumble Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last week of my first round. I'm very excited about my results! I've lost 14.4 pounds. Only .6 to reach what I was last year, yep I gained 15 pounds in a year! I will not stop the diet plan, it works so good for me! I'll be going on vacation to San Francisco this summer, I'll do this plan all the way up to my trip, and watch my eating on the trip, and continue till I loose all I need to, then I'll probably pretty much eat the same foods, just not in the phases, I hear that a good way to maintain. Stick with it ladies, It's working so well for me and my mom (She's lost 15 pounds!) I did get stuck in week 3, but realized I ate no veggies in phase 3, just lots and lots of nuts! Bad move! One thing I don't follow is the no soda, I know horrible, but I'm still loosing well. If I give up soda I have to go back on my asthma meds and I really don't want that! Anyone else finish there first round?
  • leebeebumble
    leebeebumble Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just finished up my first cycle, going right into the next! I lost 15.5 pounds in the first 28 day cycle! It feels great and I'm amazing at my results. I'm sure this next cycle I won't loose as much, so I will be measuring this time around. I never measure, but I've heard it really helps keep you motivated when the pounds aren't falling off! How's everyone else doing?
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and by the time I got home, I thought I had morning sickness. I took advil, two cutie oranges and a cup of herbal tea and laid down for a while. Today is better but I'm not sure if this is the plan for me. I'm already messing it up because I just microwaved turkey sausage and ate an apple for that first breakfast. If anything I'll lose weight because I can't think of wait to eat next! haha I will say that I made the Chili Mac for dinner last night and my family liked it. I only have 5-8 to lose so I'll follow along as best as I can and I'll report back.