cucumber recipes please??

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You'll need cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Prepare your bake pan with a light coat vegetable spray. Slice your cucumbers and lay them on the pan. Sprinkle a few bits of cheese on each cucumber. Place half a cherry tomato on top of each cucumber. Bake 350 degrees 20 minutes. Serve.
  • kbstephens24
    kbstephens24 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like cutting them lengthwise, scraping the seeds out and filling the hollow with tuna salad.

That sounds amazing :o
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Here's my favorite cucumber recipe:

I combine sliced cucumbers with grilled tofu and a small sprinkling of chopped peanuts. Over that, I put a dressing made from equal parts Tamari and fresh lime juice. You could add chopped jalapenos to the dressing for a kick if you like. I just love the flavor of this dish!

Of course, you don't need the tofu and peanuts. You could just have the cucumbers with the dressing and it'd still be amazing.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    There is always the cucumber sub
    969d1374253552-gb101-sub-jpg
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    1- Peel cucumber, slice thin, vinegar, salt, pepper, green onion, and roasted/ salted sunflower seeds.

2- Peel cucumber and eat with fresh lemon and salt.

3- Cucumber with Tampico seasoning.

• elizas73
    elizas73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love cucumbers peeled and sliced with sliced apples. I squeeze lemon a sprinkle Tajin all over that mofo
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1. Cucumber, frozen pineapple chunks and mint blended into smoothies. A slosh of gin in there is extra yum.
    2. Cucumber soup- sauté onion & garlic & cukes then simmer in light coconut milk. Purée.
    3. Julienne cucumber sautéed with thin strips of fresh jalapeños and scrambled eggs or tofu/nutritional yeast. Roll up in tortilla.
    4. Farro, diced cucumber & tomato salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
    5. Cuke slices, lime, ground peanut or peanut powder, red pepper flakes, green onion, cilantro with rice noodles.
    6. Mandolin cuke strips tossed with your favorite slaw dressing instead of cabbage.
    7. Sushi bowl: rice, seasoned rice wine vinegar, diced or julienne cukes, sesame seeds, nori
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Shred a peeled cucumber
    Add it to a bowl of whipped Yougurt
    Add half a teaspoon of salt , garlic powder and cumin powder
    Mix and enjoy as a side or as a snack
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I like cutting them lengthwise, scraping the seeds out and filling the hollow with tuna salad.

Ooh I like this ! great idea
  • MaryLeuelu
    MaryLeuelu Posts: 99 Member
    Options

2 large cucumbers, peeled
    1/3 cup rice vinegar
    4 teaspoons white sugar

1 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
    Add all ingredients to list

Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise and scoop out any large seeds. Slice crosswise into very thin slices.
    In a small bowl combine vinegar, sugar, salt and ginger. Mix well. Place cucumbers inside of the bowl, stir so that cucumbers are coated with the mixture. Refrigerate the bowl of cucumbers for at least 1 hour before serving.

Very refreshing on a hot day