Someone Left A Recipe On My Desk

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Meh. I don't get the point of baking the cookies into the brownie as well as coconut and then having more cookie, caramel sauce and ice cream with it. Too busy for me. Leave out the cookies and you have all the flavors represented. Just chop up the cookies and add them to the ice cream and skip the time consuming brownie step. Just eat the cookies and skip the time consuming parfait.
    Was this left on your desk by a girl scout parent desperate to move some cookies?
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I really think some office people like to sabotage others.
    If you find out who it is leave them this recipe:
    Bruléed French Toast at The Cheesecake Factory's
    The French toast contains 2,780 calories, 2,230 milligrams of sodium, 24 teaspoons of sugar and 93 grams of saturated fat -- the recommended amount of saturated fat for a full work week. And, it's not the 200-calorie side of bacon or ham that's boosting the meal into high-calorie heaven. It's the butter-infused syrup and the custard-like filling in the bread.
    Recipe: http://abountifulkitchen.com/2014/10/creme-brulee-french-toast-with-creamy.html
    Yummy?

Wow. You know the amusing thing is that when I got the final number for the recipe I posted, I thought seriously to myself that I could get a really good slice of cheesecake from CF for less calories than that and CF is a gut bomb pretty much across the board! 2780 calories. That's nearly 28 miles of running. I could probably run 28 miles in a day, but maybe not after eating that thing! :p

The brownies, eh well, it is is a 9x9 pan, not particularly big. But point taken. I do have some pretty big white wine glasses at home though! Hehe...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I came back from lunch and I found a card on my desk with a recipe on it: Samoa Brownie Parfait with Salted Carmel Sauce. I skimmed through the ingredients and felt my arsch expanding. I decided to put it into the recipe calculator. Guys, I knew it was going to be bad, but one serving of this is 1711 calories. I would recommend it to bulkers, but it only has 11g of protein for all of those calories! :open_mouth:

If you need to desperately gain weight, here is the recipe:

http://www.countrycleaver.com/2013/02/samoas-brownie-parfait-with-salted-caramel-sauce.html

Did you subtract out the brownies the author says will be left over? No way can you fit an entire pan of brownies in 4 stemless wine glasses. Not unless they are smooshed in there solidly - and then where would the whipped cream and salted caramel sauce go?

I'm thinking the actual cost per serving like in the photo is closer to 1000 cals. Still very high, but a lot less. And I bet a pretty satisfying rendition could be done around 500 cals if you adjust whipped cream, brownie and sauce ratios.

Challenge accepted.

But the challenge is to fit in the brownies without making a solid mass AND to fit in the layers of whipped cream (the sauce is too easy) :wink:
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I came back from lunch and I found a card on my desk with a recipe on it: Samoa Brownie Parfait with Salted Carmel Sauce. I skimmed through the ingredients and felt my arsch expanding. I decided to put it into the recipe calculator. Guys, I knew it was going to be bad, but one serving of this is 1711 calories. I would recommend it to bulkers, but it only has 11g of protein for all of those calories! :open_mouth:

http://www.countrycleaver.com/2013/02/samoas-brownie-parfait-with-salted-caramel-sauce.html

Did you subtract out the brownies the author says will be left over? No way can you fit an entire pan of brownies in 4 stemless wine glasses. Not unless they are smooshed in there solidly - and then where would the whipped cream and salted caramel sauce go?

I'm thinking the actual cost per serving like in the photo is closer to 1000 cals. Still very high, but a lot less. And I bet a pretty satisfying rendition could be done around 500 cals if you adjust whipped cream, brownie and sauce ratios.

Challenge accepted.

But the challenge is to fit in the brownies without making a solid mass AND to fit in the layers of whipped cream (the sauce is too easy) :wink:

You've clearly never seen my wine glasses :wink:

19939c117e26abafaa1cd7ecd1da9d04.jpg
  • liftsalltheweights
    liftsalltheweights Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wait, so because someone left this recipe on your desk it means they're trying to sabotage your diet?

Now perhaps if they made the recipe, gave you one and sat there and made sure you ate it -- or better yet force fed it to you -- I could see how it could be sabotage but leaving a recipe? Not getting it.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Wait, so because someone left this recipe on your desk it means they're trying to sabotage your diet?

Now perhaps if they made the recipe, gave you one and sat there and made sure you ate it -- or better yet force fed it to you -- I could see how it could be sabotage but leaving a recipe? Not getting it.

She didn't say it was sabotage; merely that someone left it on her desk.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options

Challenge accepted.

You've clearly never seen my wine glasses :wink:

19939c117e26abafaa1cd7ecd1da9d04.jpg

A very solid compromise when you decide to limit yourself to one drink a day!
  • liftsalltheweights
    liftsalltheweights Posts: 73 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

She didn't say it was sabotage; merely that someone left it on her desk.

The OP didn't but someone else said:

(Sorry, I should have quoted the person who said it).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you find out who it is leave them this recipe:
    Bruléed French Toast at The Cheesecake Factory's
    The French toast contains 2,780 calories, 2,230 milligrams of sodium, 24 teaspoons of sugar and 93 grams of saturated fat -- the recommended amount of saturated fat for a full work week. And, it's not the 200-calorie side of bacon or ham that's boosting the meal into high-calorie heaven. It's the butter-infused syrup and the custard-like filling in the bread.
    Recipe: http://abountifulkitchen.com/2014/10/creme-brulee-french-toast-with-creamy.html
    Yummy?

I actually don't think they make that one anymore. I had the one they still make though (the regular one) and it was only 1400 calories. I actually stayed under my calories that day because I had the ham with it, had a big workout, and had maybe 200 calories of something for dinner...

Isn't French toast always custard-like anyway? Or I must have done it the wrong way all this time LOL.

Those parfaits look delicious too though.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'd definitely give myself the 'beetus with this one.