Healthy recipes with no fruits or veggies?

Options
Ok. So I want to lose weight but i have stomach issues and can't have fresh fruits or veggies . Even some cooked ones are hard on my stomach because i can't digest them/ Anyone have any easy recipes

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What do you eat now? You could lose weight eating what you eat now, just eat less of it.

Raw fruits and vegetables aren't a requirement for health -- focus on the cooked ones that you can tolerate and go from there.
  • MelaniaGulley
    MelaniaGulley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't east a lot of anything , Depression,, But i have gastroperisis. So my stomach does not digest most vegetables cooked or not well at all.It does not like dairy either.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't east a lot of anything , Depression,, But i have gastroperisis. So my stomach does not digest most vegetables cooked or not well at all.It does not like dairy either.

Are you meeting your nutritional needs on your current diet, but you just want to lose weight? If so, just eat less of what you're eating now.

Or do you think you are not meeting your nutritional needs *and* you want to lose weight? If so, a visit to a registered dietitian would probably be a good idea. Since you have special needs due to your medical condition (and we have no idea what you're currently eating), a professional will be able to give you much more help.
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Grilled steak on a stick with whichever marinade you can eat. Same works for chicken.

Stew or soups with veggies that work for you. If you have a pressure cooker, there is a 30 minute chicken soup that is pretty darn good and you can add or leave out whichever veggies you want. I've made it about 20 times and it freezes well. http://graciecooks.blogspot.com/2012/09/hearty-30-minute-chicken-soup-instant.html?m=1
  • StarryG
    StarryG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had a look at your condition on Google, and they have a lot of suggestions about what you can and can't eat. I would suggest perhaps finding a site where you can just key in ingredients and it comes up with a list of recipes using the ingredients. And then maybe substituting some ingredients to your taste.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Could you get a referral to a registered dietitian?
  • Samrny
    Samrny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well, google is your best friend in this case. For GP it is recommended:
    Eat veggies, cooked, pureed and strained if necessary (Try Carrot Ginger soup!)
    Mashed sweet potatoes
    Ground or pureed meats (hello turkey burgers!)
    etc etc

Check out this web page