Someone is stealing my lunch at work.

Options
ClubSilencio
ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
So today I went in the cafeteria.... I work on the 1st floor in a fairly large building and we have 2 refrigerators in there. But when I grabbed my lunch I noticed it felt light. The sandwich was missing.

Lately I've been packing my lunch in a small Macy's bag.... you know the ones they give you for luxury items like watches and perfumes.... yeah those. Cute little handles too.

So I looked in my bag and just the sandwich was missing. They left my juice and Sun Chips. I'm thinking whoever took it knew what they were doing.

What should I do?

I don't think I can walk into HR like a frickin' dork and be like.... "Uhhmm.. hi.... I think someone is stealing my sss-sandwich."

Nah. I gotta keep this in-house, bro.

Funny thing is I don't think the culprit realizes just WHO brought that lunch bag in. They really don't. :neutral:

Replies

• jillian909
    jillian909 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have nothing helpful to add other than to say that's hilarious. I would be furious.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Make a catfood sandwich and lay it as bait
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I love your stories.
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Put a note in the bag on top of the sandwich that says "I know who you are . . . and where you live. . ."
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Make two and ask them to kindly leave one behind for you? It's amazing how often this happens. I knew a lady who would tape angry letters to the fridge; the sandwiches continued to be taken. The theif either had no shame or had a fierce hunger that surpassed shame.
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Make a catfood sandwich and lay it as bait
    I have cats and the nastiest and the smelly one to get is the Fancy Feast Seafood: cod, salmon, or tuna. The stench will stick to you even with slight touch. Set it up as a bait and we'll see if that person do it again.

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I pack a thermal lunch bag with an ice pack and keep it at my desk. Not that I'm worried about anyone stealing my lunch, but because our work fridge is disgusting.
  • whitefacade
    whitefacade Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Leave a note first, and if they do it again, make something disgusting. Make an extra PB&J (or something that doesn't need to be refrigerated) and put it in your desk so you'll have lunch for the day.

You must make some yummy sandwiches if they've done it more than once. ;-D
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    That's horrible and I'm thinking more in the line of laxatives in the sandwich instead of cat food. But that's my evil mind.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Lick it as you make it. Then the day after that one gets stolen leave a note on it telling them they better get checked for mono
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    Options
    Stop using Macy's bags to pack your lunch. Try Walmart bags instead.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    article-2732898-20BE9EC200000578-48_634x479.jpg
  • kshama2001
    Options
    52f26a0d5df7e.jpg
  • kshama2001
    Options
    52f26a87831ee.jpg
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Had an office that had issues like this. I got a lunch bag that I could fit a freezer pack in. Kept my lunch at my desk and kept it cold.
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Agreed, between the stealing and the disgusting fridge, I kept mine at my desk with freezer pouches.
    We had 2 notable incidents: a person brought in a pound of roast beef to eat all week & someone took it all! The other was a coworker walked into the breakroom where another person was chowing down on her lunch. He didn't stop at all but he pulled out a $5 and held it out to her.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    When I was in elementary school we had to do some kind of project and my idea was to make a trap in my lunch box so if anyone ever tried to steal it they'd get caught. It involved a mouse trap. Painful. Highly suggest.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    So today I went in the cafeteria.... I work on the 1st floor in a fairly large building and we have 2 refrigerators in there. But when I grabbed my lunch I noticed it felt light. The sandwich was missing.

Lately I've been packing my lunch in a small Macy's bag.... you know the ones they give you for luxury items like watches and perfumes.... yeah those. Cute little handles too.

So I looked in my bag and just the sandwich was missing. They left my juice and Sun Chips. I'm thinking whoever took it knew what they were doing.

What should I do?

I don't think I can walk into HR like a frickin' dork and be like.... "Uhhmm.. hi.... I think someone is stealing my sss-sandwich."

Funny thing is I don't think the culprit realizes just WHO brought that lunch bag in. They really don't. :neutral:

Instead of mayo, I put a good dose of unflavored laxative in it. Then just watch for someone going on frequent bathroom trips or going home sick. And yes I did this and was able to confirm who was taking my food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

What should I do?

Instead of mayo, I put a good dose of unflavored laxative in it. Then just watch for someone going on frequent bathroom trips or going home sick. And yes I did this and was able to confirm who was taking my food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Niner! lol
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I was very pregnant. And it was just a pb&j....who steals a pregnant lady's pb sandwich??