Someone is stealing my lunch at work.

Options

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Make a beautiful sandwich seasoned liberally with chili powder. Or chop up a habanero chili and use that
    in the mayo. The screams should lead you to the culprit.
  • rpachigo
    rpachigo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of chili powder added
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Pack it full of exlax
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Lol..

That would be me, then I'd revisit the scene of the crime just to see your face at the absence of your entree!

<3
  • MotivatedYegGal
    MotivatedYegGal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    People have done that at my workplace as well. Usually someone ends up sending an email to everyone addressing that lunch is being stolen.
    It makes you wonder who you're surrounded by & realize how selfish people can be.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Make a catfood sandwich and lay it as bait

Hahaha @Alatariel75 perfect!

I once left a terse note inside a tub of butter I had at work that people kept helping themselves to. I put a sneaky tamper seal on it. A week later I checked and the tub hadn't been tampered with - turns out I was just eating alllllll that butter myself hahaha oops.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Make a catfood sandwich and lay it as bait

Hahaha @Alatariel75 perfect!

I once left a terse note inside a tub of butter I had at work that people kept helping themselves to. I put a sneaky tamper seal on it. A week later I checked and the tub hadn't been tampered with - turns out I was just eating alllllll that butter myself hahaha oops.

Ha! So funny. Guess you need a stern talking to yourself.

@ClubSilencio
    Also- Question for OP: have you decided to sabotage, stake-out, or angry note your sandwich going forward?

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Take a photo of something disgusting being done to a sandwich and include it with your lunch each day -- e.g., sandwich in a catbox -- as preventative measure.
  • looking4gains
    looking4gains Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I bought a lockable lunch box for about 20 bucks. Everyone laughs but no one has eaten my food in a year. I actually got in trouble for punching a coworker in the face for eating my pizza 20 mins after I got to work. He kept saying "no name, free game". Found a much more responsible approach with the lock box. Good luck!!!
  • eskow22
    eskow22 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Exploding dye pack, just like the banks use. haha
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Food theft is punishable by firing. I think you need to let your H.R. dept in on it. If it happens to you, it happens to others. Most companies don't take kindly to theft. Theft of a coworker is where the small thieves start and move up to say electronics & bigger items.
    I used to use a big fat felt black and red marker pen to mark my lunch bag + the baggies...it would smear all over my hands if I didn't open it just so....

Someone used to heist my cupcakes until I started baking special treats with ghost pepper....kinda just sneaks up on ya, biting into a tasty luscious treat piled high with icing, only to WHAM have that heat hit the tastebuds & by then the throat! >:)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    eskow22 wrote: »
    Exploding dye pack, just like the banks use. haha

I would LOVE to see the person with dye all over them.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Label the sandwich "Tuna Surprise" lol

stoj6vt9qh1u.gif
  • ashleystidham
    ashleystidham Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    All I can think of is Ross from Friends
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    zbakrjc wrote: »
    I would never do that. What if the person making the sandwich didn't wash their hands or picked there nose?

zbakrjc

yah...ok there is that. Plus the minor detail that it is stealing!
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Ask your neighbours to keep the next 'present' their cat brings in for them (dead of course, not the lives ones and assuming you don't have a cat). Whoever complains that's in the fridge.. that's your culprit. Just make sure it's in a sealed tupperware or lockbag and there won't be any contamination for H&S to worry about. Oh yeah, don't do this on the day the fridge is getting cleaned, cos chances are that's not the culprit lol. And just keep your lunch in your desk from now on, why bother sticking it in the fridge where thieving, nasty hobbitses can half-inch it when you can keep it safe at your desk and cold with a freezerblock?
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yea, the whole pepper thing is the way to go. I wouldn't mess around and go straight for ghost or something off-the-charts hot. It will be pretty obvious who has stolen your lunch!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Cat food or something nasty in the sandwhich! Or leave a note on the sandwhich...

"I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, bring your own lunch!"

Lol. It's ridiculous though.

It happened to me before so I got freezer packs and a lunch bag, I don't put my lunches in the fridge anymore.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Be sure and pack a nice sized laxative brownie.
  • TEB4Me
    TEB4Me Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So today I went in the cafeteria.... I work on the 1st floor in a fairly large building and we have 2 refrigerators in there. But when I grabbed my lunch I noticed it felt light. The sandwich was missing.

Lately I've been packing my lunch in a small Macy's bag.... you know the ones they give you for luxury items like watches and perfumes.... yeah those. Cute little handles too.

So I looked in my bag and just the sandwich was missing. They left my juice and Sun Chips. I'm thinking whoever took it knew what they were doing.

What should I do?

I don't think I can walk into HR like a frickin' dork and be like.... "Uhhmm.. hi.... I think someone is stealing my sss-sandwich."

Nah. I gotta keep this in-house, bro.

Funny thing is I don't think the culprit realizes just WHO brought that lunch bag in. They really don't. :neutral:

Lol! I feel your pain!
    I cannot stand lunch thieves! I mean, how dare they?!? Jerks! :p
    Makes you wanna add a little laxative to the sandwich. :p