How to get more energy without coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    sndarling9 wrote: »
    Lemon water is a great replacement for coffee, also any kind of fruit.

Banana water?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Beat me OP lol. I sleep plenty, and I've been trying to stop coffee for a month... it's just not working out LOL. Even tea just doesn't cut it.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    vitB12

MCT oil

I use both.
    B12 only gives you energy if you are deficient.
  • NikishaRichelle
    NikishaRichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Green tea and lemon water, I drink lemon water cold some people drink it hot but I can't stand it. Also just making sure you drink lots of water in general. Eating the right carbs, think fruits and veg, and less of the garbage carbs, breads and pasta. You get a boost from caffeine but you also crash hard from it, which is probably why you've resorted to drinking so much of it. I have a green tea in the am and before bed. I have one tea in the afternoon. Also drinking coffee or caffeinated tea too late at night disrupts your sleep cycle and can make you more tired the next day. It's a vicious cycle, so I'd have your last coffee before 3:00-4:00.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof Broth

8-16oz homemade bone broth
    1T Kerrygold Unsalted Butter
    1tsp-1T extra virgin coconut oil

Blend and enjoy.

The fat in the butter and oil will help curb your appetite and the MCT's in the coconut oil will help promote brain function.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    vitB12

MCT oil

I use both.
    B12 only gives you energy if you are deficient.

I must have been deficient then, as I can really feel the difference when I don't take it. It could be placebo ?? Because when I get that lack of energy feeling I pop 2 under my tongue and I get that buzz back.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk! Every time I pick nap over walk, I don't feel much better. When I go for a walk, outside, I always feel better.

But I also don't see why one would need to cut back on coffee unless it is causing an elevated heart beat and hallucinations (that's my line in the sand, anyways).
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Tea, tea, and nothing but tea (okay, and water) for me!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Tea, tea, and nothing but tea (okay, and water) for me!

Same here, copious cups of tea and loads of water (with cranberry juice mixed in for the flave)
  • Francine_rivas
    Francine_rivas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof Broth

Blend and enjoy.

The fat in the butter and oil will help curb your appetite and the MCT's in the coconut oil will help promote brain function.
    Bulletproof Broth

Blend and enjoy.

Bulletproof Broth

Omg bone broth eww
  • therealhyper
    therealhyper Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Really? I can't imagine sitting down with a cup of hot lemon water when I first get up in the morning.

Op what about a tsp or two of protein powder mixed with hot water and a dash of cream and whatever else you like the taste of.

Try 2 spoons of honey and squeeze half a lemon in hot water..., lovely refreshing drink
  • MABMomma
    MABMomma Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    Four Loko

I like your style.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Water! I was the classic caffeine addict. Started my day with a 20oz RedBull everyday for about 15 years. Followed with 2-3 cups of coffee, 2-3 sweet teas, and 2-3 Pepsi's a day. No wonder I ended up at 331 pounds. I dumped it ALL. Now I drink ice water with fresh lemon all day, every day. I have a pretty physically demanding job. On my feet over 50 hours a week at work. The water gets me up and going.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Vitamins.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    You could try drinking caffeinated tea instead.
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I Used to drink several cups of coffee a day. I now have maybe a few cups a week and green tea (caffeinated in the morning decaffeinated in the evening) the rest of the time, I have more energy than ever.
  • FitnessPrincess9
    FitnessPrincess9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Banana water?
    I meant eating any kind of fruit.