Low calorie snack

Options
Hi everyone-

What are some of your low calorie, but satisfying snacks? I want something filling around 150 calories. Ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love Klondike Slim-a Bear bars..100 calories and they taste like you had a forbidden treat! Fruit and low fat yogurt is also a good one for me!
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie almond packs - especially the "Cocoa Roast" ...
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    2 medium apples= 160
    2 cups of blueberries= 165
    16oz of watermelon= 144 (and surprisingly VERY filling)
    100 Calorie Pack dark chocolate almonds
    Greek Yogurt (though I can't say it's filling)
    Turkey Jerky 2oz= 120
    Air popped pop corn 2.5 cups=110

I'd say the watermelon is the most filling (to me at least) if you're only looking for 150.
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    KIX CEREAL. 110 calories for 1 1/4 cup. It's nice and crunchy and sweet.
  • allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie almond packs - especially the "Cocoa Roast" ...

I love love love love love those! :)
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My favorite... Double Chocolate Vitatop with a Tbsp of Whipped Cream= 113 Cal & tastes like cake.
    I've also recently started getting the SmartPop popcorn (100 cal) and topping it with ranch-flavored popcorn seasoning & cayenne pepper. It's a little salty and is great for "mindless" eating bc you can eat the whole bag... and that leaves you an extra 50 cal for a piece of chocolate. :)
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese, Honey Pretzels & apple, Almonds, Yogurt with some granola or 1/4c of Kashi Go Lean (or generic), stovetop popcorn is great too!
  • hbarton711
    Options
    I do fiber one bars- the chocolate peanut butter only has 90 calories and 5 grams of sugar. Other things that I do are Apple Crisps- about 40 calories- 1.5 freeze dried fuji apples, cottage cheese (high in protein- great snack for post-work out), also I found Potato Straws at walmart (they're like fry chips but they're not fried- the sweet bbq are great! you can have 38 of them for 130 calories!)
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    KIX CEREAL. 110 calories for 1 1/4 cup. It's nice and crunchy and sweet.

WHAT? OH MY GOD I'M EATING KIX AGAIN.

I literally gave up on cereal because all the kinds I want are like 130 calories and less than a cup for a serving. That is just not enough food for the amount of calories for me. i lost hope enough to forget about KIX. oh my you just made my day
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my diary, I eat a lot of meal/snacks that are around that many calories. One I really like is peapods, cherry tomatoes, almonds, and hummus. Also, a good combination of carbs and protein will keep you fuller longer. Ten rice crackers covered with 1 tbsp of peanut butter is around 170 calories.
  • hbarton711
    Options
    For sure be careful when choosing a low calorie snack... some things with low calories or low fat are RIDICULOUSLY high in sugar!!! It's the silent killer! Just don't forget to check the labels! Some things like yogurts and granola are surprisingly high in sugar! :)
  • ashshort
    ashshort Posts: 8
    Options
    5 low fat/low sodium saltine crackers with 1 tsp of reduced fat jif peanut butter 145 cal
    lemon meringue jello temptations 100 cal
    skinny cow carmel truffle ice cream bar 100 cal
    mini bag pop corn (microwave) 100 cal
    turkey pepperoni hormel 17 pieces for 70 cal
    vitatop banana nut muffin 100 cal
    cottage cheese double breakstone (strawberry) 130 cal (?) below 150 cal for sure

Hope this helps :-)
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    1/2 Joseph's Low Carb pita [30 calories] 6with 1 tbsp peanut butter [95 calories]

or

1/2 an apple [braeburn/fuji have 40 calories for 1/2] and the peanut butter

It depends if you're looking for nutrition and flavor or just flavor.

The Emerald Cinnamon Almonds are awesome and low sodium. You can have 1/2 apple with that. [The protein in the almonds slow sugar absorption. Bonus!]

Low carb pita with 2 tbsp hummus [many kinds!]
  • ewalker10
    ewalker10 Posts: 11
    Options
    LOVING all these ideas. You guys are awesome.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Exactly!

If you eat natural sugar try and pair it with a protein or fat, it slows the absorption of sugar, so you won't peak and crash.. which makes you crave more sugar. Sugar, in many ways, is more dangerous than fat bc of it's addictive properties and it's in SO many things these days! Read your labels. :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow anything! ice cream and candy bars. YYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Today I tried Yoplait Light Thick and Creamy with only 100 calories. I kept asking my co-workers if I should trust it because it was quite filling with only 100 cals? And it tasted pretty good.
  • a5ian_ang3l
    Options
    vitatop muffins or brownies!!!!! so good!
    or tomato & basil hummus and whole wheat pita crackers from traders joe!!

Hope that helpss! :)
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    BUMP!!!

These are great ideas!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    when i get hungry I have to have something more than
    a handful of nuts or some fruit. one of my favs is 1/2 wheat pita 50cal
    1/2 serv laughing cow cheese spread on it 18 cal 2oz grilled chicken breast
    55 cal chopped tomato and lettuce 15 cal, and a philly swirl fuge pop sugar free
    14 cal total 152 calories.