Do you limit Fruit?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Don't limit fruit, but weigh it if possible. Trying to estimate a "medium" apple was driving me crazy haha. Now I just cut out the core and weigh in grams. I was actually eating less apple and berries when I was estimating size and using cups so yay for getting more food!
    I pretty much have also been doing what you're saying without really trying/knowing, where I have been eating fruit as my "carbs" ie instead of bread, pasta, grains etc. Cause usually I'd rather eat a sweet juicy apple or strawberries than other carbs etc if I'm trying to stay satisfied and low cal. My splurges tend to be the simple carbs on weekends(pasta, cake haha) etc, but not daily.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I go through waves. Sometimes I don't find fruit to be low calorie considering it doesn't keep me full. I'm eating it again right now and I have to be careful because I find myself just reaching in and grabbing a strawberry or a bunch of blue berries here or there. I really have to be sure to weigh it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Trinique34 wrote: »
    I'm not starving at all. I have an apple at 10 am with 20 almonds, a banana with lunch (normally 4 oz of chicken and salad) and 1/2 a grapefruit and 1/3 Avocado around 3 pm, dinner is protein and two veggies, yesterday was asparagus and mixed veggies, then for my snack I might have an orange. My concern is if this will prevent me from losing weight since I just started and it's all trial and error for me. I'm just a bit confused since I've done low carb for sooo long. But now I want to do it the healthy way.

Weight loss comes down to calories. Fruit alone will not cause someone not to lose weight. You could eat 1200 cals of only fruit per day and still lose weight. Weight loss comes down to calories not the foods you pick.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want that fits my calories goal. I eat more vegetables than fruit but I'm not avoiding fruit. Vegetables are usually lower calorie and easier for me to add to meals than fruit.
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    No... I love fruit
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    200 to 300 of my daily calories come from sweets. And I don't starve. So yeah, if it floats your boat... I say go for it. Have your fruit and eat it too.
  • Selkie_Runner
    Selkie_Runner Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Trinique34 wrote: »
    My question for you calorie counters is do you cut back on fruit? I'm having an apple, orange, banana and half a grapefruit most days,
    Well today (it's still morning) I've had half a Canteloupe, an apple, a pear, Grapefruit, Kiwi fruit, Raspberries, Blueberries, 2 Bananas and that's probably around half the fruit I have in a day. So the answer to your question is No. Fruit is great has lots of Fibre, Vitamins, antioxidents and yes shock horror Sugar, but we need carbs to function well and the way the sugar is bound up in fruit you don't get the sugar rush that comes along with processed sugar.

So yes eat fruit as long as its within your Calorie goals. Fruit is good. #carbsarefriends

• smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I don't limit fruit but normally only eat one or two pieces a day anyway. If I ate the amount of fruit some of you eat though I would be spending some serious time in the bathroom :o
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    For me I just stick to my calorie goal, ensure I hit my minimum protein and then fill the rest up with what I like.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I limit to two fruit/servings a day, or it's harder to meet my protein and fat goals.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have raspberries and blackberries everyday, around 200g. Not sure how many servings that is?