Anyone eat what they want and manage to lose weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• zerojunk
    zerojunk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    zerojunk wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    This is my second time losing weight and last time it was zero junk too..... Worked just fine until I got with a bigger girl with a great face and she kept pushing the crap on me cause it made her feel bad that I wouldn't have any at all. So axe the junk and girls who eat it is my motto this time around. Nothing but CIA/NSA black ops girls who are gymnasts this time around lol. Maybe FBI if they are on top of things.

So you are going to the tried and true method for weight loss but not keeping it off....okayyyyy...

POster above nailed it...if you want to lose weight great cut out "junk" but if you want to lose and maintain the weight you have to include all foods you plan on eating at maintenance while losing or you will fail at the maintenance part...

and please don't blame your girl for what you put in your mouth...you could have said no thx but you didn't want to...

^^This, 100%

May you both steal lunches at work to feed your unending food cravings. lol

Why would you assume they have unending food cravings?

Seems weird.

Obviously I'm wishing for the food cravings to happen brain wave.

Okay?

I eat the foods that I crave/love basically every day. I don't eat stuff that I don't like. I fit what I want into my goals.

Though I don't always crave "junk" - this morning I was craving rotisserie chicken, so I had that for breakfast. Sometimes I crave a baked potato, or roasted Brussels sprouts, or homemade chicken salad. Sometimes I crave ice cream and Oreos. I eat what I like and take responsibility for every bite that goes into my mouth.

Okay? So what?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    This is my second time losing weight and last time it was zero junk too..... Worked just fine until I got with a bigger girl with a great face and she kept pushing the crap on me cause it made her feel bad that I wouldn't have any at all. So axe the junk and girls who eat it is my motto this time around. Nothing but CIA/NSA black ops girls who are gymnasts this time around lol. Maybe FBI if they are on top of things.

So you are going to the tried and true method for weight loss but not keeping it off....okayyyyy...

POster above nailed it...if you want to lose weight great cut out "junk" but if you want to lose and maintain the weight you have to include all foods you plan on eating at maintenance while losing or you will fail at the maintenance part...

and please don't blame your girl for what you put in your mouth...you could have said no thx but you didn't want to...

^^This, 100%

May you both steal lunches at work to feed your unending food cravings. lol

Why would you assume they have unending food cravings?

Seems weird.

Obviously I'm wishing for the food cravings to happen brain wave.

Okay?

I eat the foods that I crave/love basically every day. I don't eat stuff that I don't like. I fit what I want into my goals.

Though I don't always crave "junk" - this morning I was craving rotisserie chicken, so I had that for breakfast. Sometimes I crave a baked potato, or roasted Brussels sprouts, or homemade chicken salad. Sometimes I crave ice cream and Oreos. I eat what I like and take responsibility for every bite that goes into my mouth.

Okay? So what?

My point is that I take responsibility for what I eat. I don't blame other people, like you did with the "bigger" girl you were with. The original point is that the blame was on you, not on her, for the weight that you gained.

I don't really know where you were going with the food craving brain wave thing.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. It's been sort of liberating because I used to be a low-carb guy and for years I did the no-bread, no-pasta, fake-sugar stuff and it got kind of internalized - despite the fact that the pounds crept back on anyways over time.

Now I eat all sorts of stuff. Magnum bars, buttered popcorn at the movie theater. Doritos. Taco bell. Bacon cheeseburgers. French fries, onion rings. Waffles (nearly every morning, I'm addicted to them).

All that stuff, and more. I just make sure I fit it into my calorie goals.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I am with the others who said I eat all the foods I want, in moderation. For me, that means a glass of wine (or two) and something sweet pretty much every day. Pizza, Chipotle, Panera, or another fast food/fast casual meal about once a week. A nicer restaurant meal about once every couple of weeks. If I want something on a particular day, I review my day to see if I can fit it in. If I can't, I work things out so that I can fit it in another day during the week.

Rather than focusing on things I had to cut out of my diet (which really ended up just being calories and bigger portion sizes), I focused on adding things to my life. More vegetables, more lean protein, more exercise.

I lost the 30 lbs I set out to lose and never felt deprived at all. I'm currently maintaining below my original goal weight for over a year. Truth be told, I probably eat more now that I've lost weight than I did before starting MFP 3 years ago, because I'm a lot more active than I used to be.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    I eat whatever I want. It's been sort of liberating because I used to be a low-carb guy and for years I did the no-bread, no-pasta, fake-sugar stuff and it got kind of internalized - despite the fact that the pounds crept back on anyways over time.

Now I eat all sorts of stuff. Magnum bars, buttered popcorn at the movie theater. Doritos. Taco bell. Bacon cheeseburgers. French fries, onion rings. Waffles (nearly every morning, I'm addicted to them).

All that stuff, and more. I just make sure I fit it into my calorie goals.

Hooray for moderation! And you look great!
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want every day and have lost 95 lbs so far! I do exercise self control and eat proper portions, but nothing is off limits for me. I love chocolate. If I have stayed under my calories for the day, I treat myself to dove dark chocolate before bed... 42 calories a piece... Last night I had enough calories left to eat 5 of them! Woot woot!
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I still eat what I want but moderation is key. I love pizza, chocolate chip cookies and ice cream but I don't eat it everyday. Some people do, but I know how much of an addict I am, so I'll limit myself. If you can fit it into your calorie allowance, why not enjoy what you like. You shouldn't deprive yourself of special treats.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Today, for me, is a perfect example. I had prelogged everything. Chicken, veg, noodle stir fry for lunch and dinner got removed (in the fridge for tomorrow) because there were donuts at work and I quite frankly am really low on willpower today so I ate 2 and 2 biscuits and a chocolate bar. I am only 57 cals over my goal. (Macros are shot to pieces and I am going to go to bed hungry because, while tasty, it certainly wasn't filling, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make!)
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    This is the correct place for me to vent.

You know those super slim and trim girls that consume nothing but JUNK all day long, mindlessly without any real care or concern for their health and then have babies and still jump right back into the same figure.

Those - I hate them. I envy them. Im jealous of them!

You would probably hate me then. I do eat what I want in the quantities I want and have always been skinny , but those quantities/choices may not be what you would choose.
    There is a tendency on here to think that thin people 'work at it' or count calories. Most of them don't, they just don't have a habit of over eating.
  • kayleexbabeex
    kayleexbabeex Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everybody for your replies, I have gone through each and every one of them and took them on board. A lot of you have some great tips and it makes better sense now. Thankyou for the advice! X
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Hey, a lot of good shares to read.

In my opinion, we are all humans, so everyone does the wrong thing from time to time. However, it is not about doing bad things it's about doing right things.

Everyone knows, that just exercising and eating junk food won't bring you any result. You do have to follow any sort of a diet plan or any sort of the program. Though, it's very difficult to get used to do certain things time after time. I've been looking for different ''quick schemes'', and ''get result fast''. Thus, I did came on small diets and healthy food blog which also gave some good tips.

Have a look - http://www.fitnessdietshealth.com/category/diet/

Check out this recent thread as a rebuttal to what everyone knows:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it/p1

It would seem that my thread got closed. I haven't gotten a message with the reason why.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I eat all of the food that I want, but unfortunately, I can't always eat them in the quantities that my stomach tries to convince me that I should.
  • Fitlondongirlu
    Fitlondongirlu Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When I'm maintaining i eat what i want as long as its within my limit for calories and macros :) have a look at the iifym lifestyle. This may be a better flexible diet for you that I've followed for years now :) i eat chocolate when i want
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

You know those super slim and trim girls that consume nothing but JUNK all day long, mindlessly without any real care or concern for their health and then have babies and still jump right back into the same figure.

They don't eat junk all day and if they do they forget to eat the next or the day after that. Like others have said, just because they do so when you see them, does not mean they do that all the time.

I've worked with a couple skinny people who claimed they ate so much and do not know why they are skinny. I asked them to track their calories for weeks. I quickly saw what was happening. They would come to work with their fast food, I would ask them what they ate before work(this was a midnight shift). They would sit there and think, and then say, oh, I guess I haven't eaten since yesterday. There you go. You can have 2000 calories in one sitting, but if you forget to eat for the rest of the day, you're in a calorie deficit. Skinny people have the worst calorie burn. They are not special snowflakes.
    have a look at the iifym lifestyle. This may be a better flexible diet for you that I've followed for years now :) i eat chocolate when i want

IIFYM for life!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Dvdgzz wrote: »

They don't eat junk all day and if they do they forget to eat the next or the day after that. Like others have said, just because they do so when you see them, does not mean they do that all the time.

I've worked with a couple skinny people who claimed they ate so much and do not know why they are skinny. I asked them to track their calories for weeks. I quickly saw what was happening. They would come to work with their fast food, I would ask them what they ate before work(this was a midnight shift). They would sit there and think, and then say, oh, I guess I haven't eaten since yesterday. There you go. You can have 2000 calories in one sitting, but if you forget to eat for the rest of the day, you're in a calorie deficit. Skinny people have the worst calorie burn. They are not special snowflakes.

This is so true..and it's one of the reasons I keep logging to show my MFP pals more than just that snapshot of time
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I not only got to my goal weight I've maintained for over a year now by including all my favorite foods. As others have said, it's making sure to plan for them as part of your overall calories. So yes, it can be done. And honestly, I think this is WHY I was successful this time versus other times - because I did not deprive myself of all my favorite foods (this ultimately has led to binging for me in the past).
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

have a look at the iifym lifestyle. This may be a better flexible diet for you that I've followed for years now :) i eat chocolate when i want

IIFYM for life!

Amen. I have a few rude coworkers who will say things like "Oh, you never eat that stuff!" when there is cake for someone's birthday. Then when I take a big piece, they imply I will spend hours in the gym or vomit to burn it off or make remarks like "Oh, don't get fat now!". It's kind of rude to assume fit/thin people just eat whatever they want or do so without working for it. Yes, I can eat an entire large pizza and still be under calories for the day, but I don't sit on my butt all day. Since I'm constantly moving and I also exercise daily, my calorie needs are higher than others at my height/weight. Sometimes I'm so busy at work I don't have my first meal of the day until I come home at night, then I feast. Hearing "Oh, you're so lucky you can eat x!" "You must have a really fast metabolism, enjoy it while it lasts." or other comments gets incredibly tiresome after a while.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    You can portion control you food or make swaps (like hungry girl reciepes) but generally eating what you want goes hand in hand with 'eating as much as you want' which doesn't help for weightloss
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

IIFYM for life!

Amen. I have a few rude coworkers who will say things like "Oh, you never eat that stuff!" when there is cake for someone's birthday. Then when I take a big piece, they imply I will spend hours in the gym or vomit to burn it off or make remarks like "Oh, don't get fat now!". It's kind of rude to assume fit/thin people just eat whatever they want or do so without working for it. Yes, I can eat an entire large pizza and still be under calories for the day, but I don't sit on my butt all day. Since I'm constantly moving and I also exercise daily, my calorie needs are higher than others at my height/weight. Sometimes I'm so busy at work I don't have my first meal of the day until I come home at night, then I feast. Hearing "Oh, you're so lucky you can eat x!" "You must have a really fast metabolism, enjoy it while it lasts." or other comments gets incredibly tiresome after a while.

Yeah, this is so tedious!

I have 2,500 calories I allow myself per day, and whatever semi-edible crap that is made available by coworkers most likely does not fit into that plan. No, I'm not "lucky" by being naturally skinny or fit - like a lot of my family, if I ate as much as I wanted, as often as I wanted, and sat on my *kitten* watching TV 5+ hours a day with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth, I would be a big, fat, unhealthy mess.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    You can portion control you food or make swaps (like hungry girl reciepes) but generally eating what you want goes hand in hand with 'eating as much as you want' which doesn't help for weightloss

It all depends, the operative phrase here is "eating as much as you want". One of the things that happened to me after using MFP for a while is that I retrained by hunger cues. Some people might refer to it as their stomach getting smaller, and then that leads down another path of conversation altogether :). However, I just can't eat as much as I used to or think that I would. I gets really uncomfortable and I don't like that feeling. I can still eat the same things, what I want, but not as much. I remember I planned a big birthday calorie splurge. 4000 calories all lined up in my diary with exercise. It never happened, I just couldn't eat/drink it all.