Stuck at 178

Options
I have gained an uncomfortable amount of weight over the last few years. Last summer I got up to 189 lbs. since then I have dropped to 178.4 and have been maintaining pretty well. My goal is to get to 158.4, and the sooner the better. I'm looking for a workout I can commit to and willing to try about any diet plan. Any advice would be very appreciated!

Replies

• MaryPPoppins
    MaryPPoppins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also at 178 and I would like to lose 20 lbs. It sound like we are on the same journey. What is your height
    ?
  • MaryPPoppins
    MaryPPoppins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and we can push each other on.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Nice job maintaining. Now you just need to get yourself in a calorie deficit to start losing again.
  • herrerajr693
    herrerajr693 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Nice job maintaining. Now you just need to get yourself in a calorie deficit to start losing again.

^This. You gotta eat less energy (calories) than you burn. But make sure you eat enough too! If you're tracking calories already and not losing weight cut daily intake by 100 calories and see if that works. If not cut another 100 and so on until you lose 1 to 2 pounds a week. Any more may be unhealthy. It's tedious at first but eventually becomes a habit.
  • J_Kidd85
    J_Kidd85 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm hovering around 178-179...5'7....trying to get to 165 which is where I'd like to stay!
  • buhbuh34
    buhbuh34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also at 178 and I would like to lose 20 lbs. It sound like we are on the same journey. What is your height
    ?
    J_Kidd85 wrote: »
    I'm hovering around 178-179...5'7....trying to get to 165 which is where I'd like to stay!

Height is 5'6 1/2. Tracking my calories this past week I got down to 175.2 I've also been trying a drink called kevita a lemon cayenne sparkling probiotic. I'm not sure if that's helped at all but I'm going to try it more next week and see if I drop any more weight.
  • buhbuh34
    buhbuh34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

^This. You gotta eat less energy (calories) than you burn. But make sure you eat enough too! If you're tracking calories already and not losing weight cut daily intake by 100 calories and see if that works. If not cut another 100 and so on until you lose 1 to 2 pounds a week. Any more may be unhealthy. It's tedious at first but eventually becomes a habit.

Thanks for the advice!