One Small Change

Options
I was just at lunch with my coworkers and we were talking about the one small change we could make to help with our weight loss.

So this is a post where you have to be honest with yourself.

What is one small thing you can change that would probably help you with your weight loss?

For me it is those little stolen bites that I don't log. They add up. A piece of chocolate, a slice of pizza. What ever it is, I do it daily. It is probably the main reason I have been maintaining instead of loosing this year.

So what's yours?

Replies

• kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Snacking when i'm not hungry. It adds up so fast. I've gotten better but I still sneak bites here and there and I tend to not log it either
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Giving up alcohol would really help me, so many calories and I'm never full. But that's never going to happen so I fit it in as much as I can.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    eating slower, I eat so fast I don't know I am full and keep eating. I think if I would just slow down I might not even want as much food.
  • tamh170obust
    tamh170obust Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    soda.... if I could cut that out all together, and keep it out... boy could I save
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I think "stolen bites" is my biggest pitfall. That and sitting too long.
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    MOVE MORE. I exercise every day, and I work out hard. But then the rest of the day, I am completely sedentary. I sit in front of my computer and work, or in the evening I sit on the couch. So My first goal is to start moving at least 5K steps a day. That's doubling my typical step count. So I have decided that this month I am going to bust open that new habit of 3 10 minute walks throughout the day.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Oh I've learned a big lesson the hard way with those random bites and vowed never ever to do it again unless I have a gun to my head. So far it's going well. It's unnegotiable. Now if I want a bite of something, it gets added to a meal or a snack and counted as such. Random bites can add up to insane amounts of calories if you are a graser and you end up feeling like you ate almost nothing that day...

My current quest: I have unique kind of OCD where if I have calories left they need to get eaten even if I don't feel like eating. Calories I could use on days when I'm hungrier than usual. So my action plan is to stick to a weekly budget. That's what has always worked for me, so I have no idea why I keep going back to daily calories every now and then.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    For me, it would be better planning. IN other words, planning things earlier so that I don't fall into that pit of "I am not sure what to eat, meh I will just hit a drive thru."
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My biggest one would be letting go of this lifelong compulsion to always clear my plate even if I am full. Childhood thing. But I did manage to throw out two tortellini last night. It felt great to stop when I was full. Just need to keep building that skill.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a binge eater, so for starters I would stop binging :smile:

Actually, when I've got it under control and do not binge, I stick to eating well and logging everything religiously. But sometimes out of nowhere the binge will hit.

BUT I've been binge free since January 4th!
  • Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Distracted eating- eating while watching TV, reading, etc. I can take down an entire bag of popcorn without even noticing.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    the same as you OP, stolen bites, i'm still trying to get back to pre- christmas weight, and maintaining beautifully at a pound and a half over it grrrrrr
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have hand weights sitting on my closet floor. I need to take them out and USE them.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Camish911 wrote: »
    Distracted eating- eating while watching TV, reading, etc. I can take down an entire bag of popcorn without even noticing.

Honestly not sure what else I could do at the moment, but the above was a big one for me. Measuring out what I'm going to eat first is my fix. When the bowl is empty that's it.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water every day. Reaching for my water bottle instead of a snack