Shake ideas??

Options
I am not a big breakfast person at all... however I know I need it.. does anyone have any good breakfast shake ideas??

Replies

• mbonilla2890
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight? gain ? maintain? build muscle?
  • melanienj
    melanienj Posts: 31
    Options
    I despise eating breakfast, which is probably one of the reasons for my weight issues.

I tried the Shaklee whey protein meal replacement shakes for 2 weeks. I actually lost 12 pounds in that time and the shakes were great. I mixed it with Silk vanilla or dark chocolate almond milk!

Also, the shakes are organic, suppressed my hunger and helped to maintain muscle while losing the weight.

I thought I might lose maybe 2-4 pounds, but I lost 12!!
  • bengtso4
    bengtso4 Posts: 10
    Options
    I go by a formula and do different variations. One cup or so of liquid (almond or soymilk or OJ- I'm vegan) plus a heaping cup of ice plus a smallish banana plus whatever fruit I have laying around. And I blend it up until it's super frothy, because that is how I like it. If I have a sweet tooth that morning, I put in a little pure maple syrup. And sometimes just a touch of pure vanilla extract.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I really like doing a whey protein shake with 2% milk, peanut butter, frozen strawberries or frozen banana (peel first then stick in the freezer) and Nesquik sometimes. It fills me up for hours and it's great tasting, and I don't think about snacking through the day!
  • heidi_79
    heidi_79 Posts: 27
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight? gain ? maintain? build muscle?

I am trying to lose
  • heidi_79
    heidi_79 Posts: 27
    Options
    I really like doing a whey protein shake with 2% milk, peanut butter, frozen strawberries or frozen banana (peel first then stick in the freezer) and Nesquik sometimes. It fills me up for hours and it's great tasting, and I don't think about snacking through the day!

This sounds good :)
  • fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I make fruit and protein powder shakes. Vanilla protein, and then few of the following in combos:

frozen strawberries
    frozen banana
    blue berries
    milk
    pomegranate juice
    Frozen pineapple
    Frozen banana
    pineapple juice
    milk
    frozen mango
    nonfat plain yogurt
    cinnamon
    orange juice

Hope that helps...there are so many good combos out there.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options

This sounds good :)

So good! If you have a whole foods, try MRM whey powder! There's little single servings of it, just to try it out. Get Chocolate and Vanilla!
  • nilla32zoe
    nilla32zoe Posts: 18
    Options
    Shakeology chocolate is wonderful! tastes great and many benefits to it!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i do a cup of a liquid, my faves are almond milk or one of the oasis juices. i then add one serving (according to the package) of frozen fruit. 1/4-1/2 cup yogurt, depending on how creamy i want it. 1/2 cup frozen spinach (the europe's best chef's nuggets are awesome for this). and a new thing i have been adding is 1 Tbs of a hemp fiber powder, just helps to make the full feeling last longer from the fiber. i will add a dash of cinnamon for a little kick.

i don't worry about protien powders or anything. i get enough of everything from what i have in there. and don't really need the fiber powder, i just don't always get enough fiber the rest of the day, and it can't hurt to have too much fiber.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    LOVE shakeology!!!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I usually do a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup nonfat milk, 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt, and then a cup or so of fruit 9usually frozen mangoes). It's pretty tasty, and around 300 calories.