90 days, 50 lbs GONE & 60 lbs to go!! (Pic)

Options

Replies

• rdgfreshstart2016
    rdgfreshstart2016 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Very motivating! You got this!
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Holy geez, you're killing it. Awesome!
  • bijouchocolat
    bijouchocolat Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Lots of hard work there! A couple of years ago I started about where you are now (235 @ 5'9") and was able to go down 50 in about 5 months. Still working on those last 10-15 though. I don't know if you're following any kind of program, but here's some advice if you're not already doing it:
    -Stop using weight and BMI as your main measuring sticks...they're relatively meaningless except to tell you that you're severely obese (which you no longer are)
    -Start *progressive* resistance training. I don't care if it's bodyweight only or a structured weightlifting program, do something. You'll thank yourself later.
    -Eat enough protein. The last two kind of go together. The reason for the resistance training and protein is to *hold onto* as much muscle as you can. You're not going to build much muscle, if any while losing the weight, but you want the majority of weight lost to be fat, not muscle.
    -weigh your food. The closer you get to your ideal weight, the harder it will come off and the more attention you'll have to give to EXACTLY how much food you're eating.
    -just keep going...actions lead to habbits, and habbits lead to results.
  • BudhiRooh
    BudhiRooh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic ... keep up the good work (Y)
  • gigihouston
    gigihouston Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS YOU LOOK GREAT KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!
  • tosi1312
    tosi1312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's great, thanks for sharing.

Looks like we're approx on the same journey. Feel free to add me as friend.
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You look great! I'm sending a request right now. :smiley:
  • kbaker001
    kbaker001 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! Keep it up!
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!! You look amazing!
  • _Fluff
    _Fluff Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done!
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Lots of hard work there! A couple of years ago I started about where you are now (235 @ 5'9") and was able to go down 50 in about 5 months. Still working on those last 10-15 though. I don't know if you're following any kind of program, but here's some advice if you're not already doing it:
    -Stop using weight and BMI as your main measuring sticks...they're relatively meaningless except to tell you that you're severely obese (which you no longer are)
    -Start *progressive* resistance training. I don't care if it's bodyweight only or a structured weightlifting program, do something. You'll thank yourself later.
    -Eat enough protein. The last two kind of go together. The reason for the resistance training and protein is to *hold onto* as much muscle as you can. You're not going to build much muscle, if any while losing the weight, but you want the majority of weight lost to be fat, not muscle.
    -weigh your food. The closer you get to your ideal weight, the harder it will come off and the more attention you'll have to give to EXACTLY how much food you're eating.
    -just keep going...actions lead to habbits, and habbits lead to results.

Well said, Thank-you It helped me too.
  • MommyLoo
    MommyLoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    this is amazing well done!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look great! Wish you the best of luck!
  • kacowgill99
    kacowgill99 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for all of the positive comments and compliments. I will be responding to questions soon!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work- really paying off!
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Super job! Well done and keep going B)
  • ostava
    ostava Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look happy and awesome! Congratulations on taking care of yourself!
  • hrsj022
    hrsj022 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!