Busy moms motivation group

Options

Replies

• brandywarren3454
    brandywarren3454 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 3. I have a 11 year old, one that will be 2 next week, and one that will be 8 months next week. I am a stay at home mom, but these kids keep me running and I homeschool my 11 year old.
    These last two pregnancies really took a toll on my body and even though my husband and I would have liked to have had one more baby, but my body said "no more". I had one surgery in November 2015 to remove scar tissue and then in December 2015 I had to go back and have a hysterectomy.
    Between two rough pregnancies and two rough surgeries, I gained weight and the heaviest I've ever been in my life at 210.
    I realized I have been shying away from experiences and memories being made with my family because I am so uncomfortable in what I feel is my fat suit. I don't want my picture taken, I don't ever feel like I have anything to wear.
    I want to be in pictures with my husband and kids. I don't want to shy away from experiences with my family.
    We are planning a trip to the beach in June 2016.
    I have enlisted Jenny Craig to help me shed this fat suit. 10 days on Jenny Craig I have gone from 210 to 201.1 this morning! My husband is so proud of me. I want to get back to working out, but I can't seem to find time for me between homeschooling, babies, and taking care of the house. My Jenny Craig advisor says I really need to find time for me but I haven't been able to do that.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm a mum of 3 (6, 4 and 22 months) and I work 4 days a week as a secondary school teacher. Anyone who's a teacher will tell you that's not really part time! I work on my day off and at the weekend too. My husband does shift work, just to make it all harder.

I'm only 10lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'm starting to struggle now as I'm so exhausted.
  • annathenors
    annathenors Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the community and I have no idea where I would find groups... I would like to join this one x
  • bradygin
    bradygin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes add me!!!!
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'd for sure join that group .. let us know if you create it..
  • TinekaGetsFit
    TinekaGetsFit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :)
    Single mother of two, a 7 year old daughter and almost 5 year old boy, work full time, fuelled by coffee. ;)
  • connorsmommy0707
    connorsmommy0707 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to My FitnessPal, and would love to join please!
  • kiranmarwaha
    kiranmarwaha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in..
  • cat_g_83
    cat_g_83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yep yep yep. Been trying to do this and need some more motivation. Want to be a healthy mum to role model to my 15 months old
  • njblaylock
    njblaylock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need a group to help keep me accountable and to grab or share tips with! Would love to join!
  • K10D2015
    K10D2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How do I join?
  • jaboucha
    jaboucha Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sign me up. Tag me. I'd love to be a part of this group. As a busy mom, I have often used to excuse, I'm tired. And yes that is true, I need extra motivation and encouragement to take that walk or make healthier choices and to keep me accountable and on track. I was doing really good for a while, but then it's so easy to fall into old habits again. So it would be a great group to join.
  • missy0936
    missy0936 Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    jennyi27 wrote: »
    Yes! I think that sounds great. As a working mom, I know I always tend to put my needs after those of my little girl and my husband. It's difficult to make myself a priority (not just due to lack of time, but also because I struggle emotionally when I try to put myself first), so it would be good to get support from others who feel the same way.

Sounds just like me

• MrsOle_1101
    MrsOle_1101 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    K10D2015 wrote: »
    How do I join?

Come friend me! I am a mom of a busy 4 yr old boy and need motivation!
  • beliaamerica
    beliaamerica Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im in :#=)
  • iamgunz
    iamgunz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! 2 boys 14 and 12 who are heavy into sports. Soccer/baseball mom carting around every night of the week after working all day. Need accountability, I've been stuck at the same weight for too long, 20 lbs to go!
  • ElleAnn0714
    ElleAnn0714 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Count me in. I have 100lbs to loose. I work full time and have a 2 and 9 year old. Im always busy, but thats no excuse my kids need a healthy mom. Pleas friend me.
  • santamilque
    santamilque Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I'm in! I am a single mom, working full time, attending online college with two beautiful and very busy girls, 11 and 13...and am trying to lose 30 pounds attending Zumba classes. It is great to find a group that can relate. :smiley:
  • Keriann23
    Keriann23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey, newly potty training mom here....came up with a great idea and would love to hear your opinions.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/104714331/trainee-loops?ref=user_menu