Losing it

Options
Trying to bulk up lol so losing weight isn't really my goal yet I'm still losing it

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? What are your current macros? The most probable reason you are losing weight is that you are not eating enough.
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello, Eternallove2. Just stay on proteins and carbs, while taking protein powders in your drinks. How long do you spend lifting weights at the gym?
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Had the same issue myself for a while. Luckily my work place Gym have a deal with a personal trainer and I had a session with them and discussed my journey and my goals; to put on a bit of muscle and not lose weight.

They designed a programme for me and gave me advice on what to eat and appropriate supplements - best money & time I've spent on my healthy lifestyle yet! If you can afford one get a properly certified personal trainer and follow their advice, I'm glad I did!
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    gothomson wrote: »
    Had the same issue myself for a while. Luckily my work place Gym have a deal with a personal trainer and I had a session with them and discussed my journey and my goals; to put on a bit of muscle and not lose weight.

They designed a programme for me and gave me advice on what to eat and appropriate supplements - best money & time I've spent on my healthy lifestyle yet! If you can afford one get a properly certified personal trainer and follow their advice, I'm glad I did!

I've thought about doing that myself. I may have to give that a try in the future.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Eat +250 to +500 over your TDEE. Track everything you put in your mouth. Weigh yourself at the same time every day (i.e. before you go to bed or when you get up every morning). It takes eating at +500 calories a week for +1lb of weight gain... You might not see anything noticeable until you are a couple of weeks in, so just stay consistent.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Eat +250 to +500 over your TDEE. Track everything you put in your mouth. Weigh yourself at the same time every day (i.e. before you go to bed or when you get up every morning). It takes eating at +500 calories a week for +1lb of weight gain... You might not see anything noticeable until you are a couple of weeks in, so just stay consistent.

Do this and you can save money. You don't need a trainer.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Also, you better be lifting weights so you build muscle and not just fat. Lifting on a bulk is the best way to gain muscle mass.
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Do this and you can save money. You don't need a trainer.

Agreed. And don't buy into their pointless supplementation advice. Just supplement your diet with more real food.

No weight gainer in the world can compete with a porridge oats, banana, peanut butter and milk smoothie.
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    gothomson wrote: »

I've thought about doing that myself. I may have to give that a try in the future.

You should Tyler. Ok the trainer I got was at a reduced cost as my works sports club I joined gets a reduced rate, but if you get a properly certified trainer you only need a few sessions to set you up. I was sceptical at first but now I'm glad I did it.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Eat more

Yep. Exactly that. Be consistent, hit your macros day in and day out.