Hungry shortly after eating

Options
2»

Replies

• krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't feel hungry, however I do feel like I want to eat but that's completely mental/emotional.
  • JoJo0921
    JoJo0921 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can still lose on that much. When I used the MFP calculator it gave me the typical 1200 calories and I followed it for a long time and actually gained weight. When evaluating with a nutrition coach turns out I was under-eating and not consuming enough to properly fuel my body, which makes your body store extra fat for energy since it is not getting the energy it needs from food, so I had a spare tire that would not go away no matter how low I ate. I bumped up my calories and carbs and my metabolism normalized and I started to lose more fat (and I had more energy). The MFP calculator is not the best for calculating your TDEE, and in my experience with myself and a few others it typically underestimates your TDEE. I would use a different calorie calculator to get your macros.
  • angeljo2015
    angeljo2015 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If it says you'll lose a pound at 1600 calories, yes, you'll lose a pound. It's an average though, so you've got to track your progress over time. Since you're in the last stretch of under 20lbs to lose it's going to come off slower. Also, I looked at your diary and noticed there hasn't really been logging done... I don't know if that's accurate or simply a privacy setting getting in the way. If you aren't logging, you should do that. Use a scale and account for everything you eat. That's the only way MFP is actually going to help you.

I find it difficult to log on here because I'm not sure on the amounts Luke 0.3 teaspoon for example
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Use grams. It means using a food scale, but you want accuracy to begin with. Many entries in here have the option for grams as well, so it's a win/win.
  • angeljo2015
    Options
    OK I'll try and log I worry if I do more than 1200 I'll actually put on weight
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    But MFP has you losing a pound at 1600. You're not going to gain. Just eat at 1600 and monitor your weight over time. Make adjustments after a good month or two of consistent logging at that amount.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @angeljo2015 get a digital food scale and weigh all food. Measure liquids with spoons and cups otherwise you have no idea how much you are eating.
    You will lose weight at your more realistic calorie goal.

@JoJo0921 MFP is a NEAT calculator not a TDEE calculator.

It does not include exercise calories. They are logged and eaten back on top of the base calories. You were interpreting your calorie goal incorrectly if you didn't eat back exercise calories.

As a NEAT calculator it is pretty accurate for the majority of people who enter their stats and a reasonable goal.
    The 'typical 1200' isn't typical. It is the minimum MFP will allot any woman to ensure adequate nutrition.

If one is petite, sedentary, and has little to lose it is a reasonable calorie level before exercise is added.
    For most other people it defaults to 1200 because they want to lose 1.5-2 lbs a week but have under 75 lbs to lose. They are aiming to lose to fast.

Cheers, h.

• angeljo2015
    Options
    Thanks guys, I will monitor it at 1600, any idea how to divide the calories?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale and weigh everything.
  • JoJo0921
    JoJo0921 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @middlehaitch Ah yes you're right it's a NEAT calculator. I was eating back my exercise calories, but for me personally it was still too low. I have seen people use it as a TDEE calculator though and use 1200 calories as their limit and try to stay under it, even on exercise days and imo 1200 is already pretty low. But as long as you're healthy and your body feels okay using the MFP calculator as a guide is fine
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Many people see an increase in appetite after eating, especially breakfast. I googled it and found I was far from alone in this. Research and see if it is possible this is happening for you as well. I've adjusted my eating patterns for my needs. Some call it intermittent fasting and I find it works great for me! No more hunger and I feel in control.