Week off

Options
Hello! I'm having to stay in a hotel for a week next week. No gym. No way of preparing food. Don't know how to stay on track food wise :(

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many calories you want to eat per day?

Figure out where you will be getting food and make a plan for estimating how many calories are in it. Log those foods and stay as close as possible to your calorie goals.

You don't need a gym to stay on track. You don't even need to prepare food to stay on track.

I've been in a hotel all week and haven't prepared any meals. I have a gym, but if I didn't I would do my best to find a place to run (my preferred exercise) outside.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can still run or take walks.

choose your food carefully and make the best choices you can. if you have a mini fridge in your room, you can keep some snacks or easy low cal foods for small meals in it.
  • katieleggett_321
    katieleggett_321 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yeah they don't have a fridge and I don't really want to go running. It'll be dark when I get out of work and I don't know the area
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    For exercise, if the hotel has stairs, get your cardio in going up and down them. Do body resistance exercises in your hotel room ... you can do planks, push-ups, crunches, burpees, etc. without equipment. As far as food is concerned, when you get there, purchase a few things (snacks or small meals) to get you through the week. Protein bars, apples, bananas, oranges, etc. are portable and easy to stick in a bag.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    find the local Subway , or somewhere you can get sandwiches for every meal. Thats what i do. And rip it up at the gym the day before you go, so you'll need the rest days.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah they don't have a fridge and I don't really want to go running. It'll be dark when I get out of work and I don't know the area

Obviously you should make the best judgment call for your safety, but I once ran dozens of times around a hotel parking lot at 4 AM when all the equipment in the fitness room was in use. I wouldn't have felt safe running far from the hotel, but the parking lot was well lit and I was always close to the lobby.

Or do some Youtube workouts in your room using your phone or laptop.

Or you can just not exercise for the week. You don't *need* exercise to stay on track (unless you're training for a specific event and that's a whole other story). You can just focus on hitting your calorie goals.
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I spend 3 weeks out of the month in a hotel not near my gym usually, and have lost 90 pounds making it work... It's all about your mentality. If you go there saying your gonna fail and don't have options, you will fail. If you go there and are determined not to mess up your hard work you will find ways to succeed, rather that's eating subway or finding healthy choices, finding a local gym near the hotel you can go to every night for a small fee (this is what I normally do), or just getting up 30 mins early to go for a jog, If you want to succeed you will.