How to Prevent Rape

Options
2»

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Although I couldn't possibly disagree with anything that's been said, least of all the OP - please let's not forget that men get raped too. :cry:

this is very true, but statistically it is generally a womens issue. A woman is many many many times more likely to be raped than a man is. As horrific as male rape is.

Also a man convicted of raping another man is likely to receive a much harsher punishment than a man accused of raping a woman, who 9 times out of 10 gets off completely scott free. A man who says hes been raped is statistically much more likely to be believed, and is not generally accused of asking for it or bringing it on themselves like a woman is.

men also seldom report it i am guessing for a huge fear of stigmatization of being gay, or other things (weak, sissy, etc.)
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    this is very true, but statistically it is generally a womens issue. A woman is many many many times more likely to be raped than a man is. As horrific as male rape is.

Also a man convicted of raping another man is likely to receive a much harsher punishment than a man accused of raping a woman, who 9 times out of 10 gets off completely scott free. A man who says hes been raped is statistically much more likely to be believed, and is not generally accused of asking for it or bringing it on themselves like a woman is.

While I agree with what you're saying - i.e., women who speak up about their rape experience rarely result in a conviction... far, far more straight men are too ashamed of having been raped by a man to ever say anything*. This phenomenon is only compounded by the extremely woman-dominated focus of rape. If we treated it as a more gender-free situation which didn't exclude male rape survivors, it would be more inclusive for all without any negative effects.

* this is usually because the male rapist will physically force arousal in the male victim, to increase the associated shame and reduce the likelihood that they'll come forward to the police.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Great Post.

I also think a firm, even squeeze of a pistol trigger will end most rapist ambitions. I also recommend aiming for between the SOB's legs.

But hey, I'm in the military. I prefer a more fitting solution to the problem of cavemen running around...Eunuchs.

Bruce

Agreed. I carry a .380 loaded with hollow points everywhere I go. Someone decides he wants to rape me, one of us is going to end up dead, and it's probably not going to be me.
  • shannaire
    shannaire Posts: 38
    Options
    Good advice x
  • heatherleigh12
    Options
    <3 thankyou