Any Aussies?

Options

Replies

• akiba254
    akiba254 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Country NSW here. There are a few locals around. Just not sure how active they all are. I know I havent been active much lately but getting better.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I use to be on the forums all the time but rarely do now since it's easy to get in trouble on there lol
  • MsVino
    MsVino Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    I'm in sydney, seems like there's barely any australians here on the forums though :D

Yes that's what I've notice but more and more seen to be making an appearance now, yay :-)
  • MsVino
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    kyshayla wrote: »
    Aussie from North Qld add me and help me with food ideas and diaries I understand

I'm in North QLD too kyshayla. Townsville. You?

MsVino, I was born and raised not far from Sydney. Newcastle :)

Love Newcastle bar the Knights :-P

• MsVino
    Options
    I use to be on the forums all the time but rarely do now since it's easy to get in trouble on there lol

Haha, yes I've noticed in other sections there are a few know it alls and have been tempted to take the bait :-/
  • MsVino
    Options
    akiba254 wrote: »
    Country NSW here. There are a few locals around. Just not sure how active they all are. I know I havent been active much lately but getting better.

Where abouts? I've lived in Cowra, Reids Flat, pallamallawa and Moree :-)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    MsVino wrote: »
    Aussie from North Qld add me and help me with food ideas and diaries I understand

My first home I bought was one block away from the Knights. I never went to watch but hubby did a few times.
  • faegirl22
    faegirl22 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    faegirl22 wrote: »
    I'm married to one, does that count?

Yep :-)

Woo! I lived there for a year(ish)
  • akiba254
    Options

In Tamworth area. Previously Scone and Glen Innes. So probably not as country as some of the places you have lived in the past. You've seen some country side.
  • MsVino
    Options

In Tamworth area. Previously Scone and Glen Innes. So probably not as country as some of the places you have lived in the past. You've seen some country side.

I've always wanted to visit Tamworth, especially the music festival :-) yes the joys of having separated parents and travelling back and forth interstate but I have to say the countryside in NSW is my favourite. I even enjoy the long country link train rides from Central through the blue mountains they are amazing! Yer I'm a bit weird haha
  • MsVino
    Options

My first home I bought was one block away from the Knights. I never went to watch but hubby did a few times.

Ah k, I wouldn't have bothered going either ;-) no I'm just being silly I'm a diehard Bulldogs fan and my brother a knights guy so it's just always a battle between teams in my house :-)

• mancelrmarlar
    mancelrmarlar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    im not aussie but they are great!! Im a musican worked with a band named cooie down under at branson mo
  • mancelrmarlar
    Options
    cooie down under was from Sydney I think-great musicians and great guys
  • MsVino
    Options
    im not aussie but they are great!! Im a musican worked with a band named cooie down under at branson mo

Nice :-) what genre of music do you play and instrument or singer?
  • akiba254
    Options

I've always wanted to visit Tamworth, especially the music festival :-) yes the joys of having separated parents and travelling back and forth interstate but I have to say the countryside in NSW is my favourite. I even enjoy the long country link train rides from Central through the blue mountains they are amazing! Yer I'm a bit weird haha

The festival is the best time to visit. Even if you don't like the music there is such a fun and positive atmosphere. And yeah I was in the same boat with split parents. Though that only got me up and down the New Enlgand Highway not quite as far as you lol. And it is nice enjoying the train rides. Gotta love the scenery which is harder to appreciate when concentration is on the road driving. I am torn between NSW country and loving QLD views on the cunningham highway. Gotta have that nature smell and sound. Now around here is all dead due to drought though so it makes a difference. And another fellow Bulldogs supporter. My whole family has been bulldogs supporters. Its in our DNA.
  • mancelrmarlar
    Options
    Im a pianist and bass player have played Beethoven to acdc im a big bon scott fan
  • mancelrmarlar
    Options
    I was a road musician for plus years
  • MsVino
    Options

The festival is the best time to visit. Even if you don't like the music there is such a fun and positive atmosphere. And yeah I was in the same boat with split parents. Though that only got me up and down the New Enlgand Highway not quite as far as you lol. And it is nice enjoying the train rides. Gotta love the scenery which is harder to appreciate when concentration is on the road driving. I am torn between NSW country and loving QLD views on the cunningham highway. Gotta have that nature smell and sound. Now around here is all dead due to drought though so it makes a difference. And another fellow Bulldogs supporter. My whole family has been bulldogs supporters. Its in our DNA.

Good to know re the festival I met quite a few Tam. locals on their travels through Moree (at the pub haha) and they couldn't speak highly enough of it. I should really make plans to visit for next years festival.

Oh yes I remember the travels up and down the highway god I used to hate it, so much nicer on the train!

I haven't seen much of rural Qld other then on motorbike trips my dad used to take me on somewhere up through the top of NSW through the rain forresty surrounded roads of Qld, not sure on the location but I remeber it being beautiful! Yes the drought must take a huge toll :-(

Whoooo! Lastnights game was a killa start to our season and we are going to destroy Parra! Everytime we play them it reminds me of a time when I was 3 sitting in the train traveling through parramatta with my mum singing 'parramatta doesn't matter' with a bunch of very angry Parra supporters after they lost a game haha :-)

• MsVino
    Options
    Im a pianist and bass player have played Beethoven to acdc im a big bon scott fan

Wowsa what a privilege especially being a Bon Scott fan! Love ACDC! Piano and bass that's great and quite the mix. Must be nice being able to travel while doing something you love like music :-)
  • phil2795
    phil2795 Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    G'day ...
    * Raises hand
    Another Aussie here .. From Bathurst
    It's always nice to "meet" new friends from all round the place
    So feel free to add me