3 great days in a row high exercise low calories weight is really stubborn to come off

Options
So as the title says I've been highly active walking around 12,000 steps per day for 3 days in a row now

I have kept calories below 2,000 for 4 days in a row now including today where I walked almost 6 miles and ate only 1300 calories

The only thing I ate today was a footling Italian sub with double meat and that's literally all the calories I consumed today along with about a half gallon of diet iced tea

I know the subs from subway were high in sodium but enough for me to gain 5 on the scale???

My weight has been the same for like 5 days now

Admittedly it has gone down a little but it always seems to creep back up when I eat,

Also I feel like my bowels are backed up, I don't even remember the last time I had a movement

I guess what I'm complaining about is

I weighed 210 after my walk I ate a sandwich and now I'm like 215

And 215 is what I weighed 5 days ago

And I've been in a big deficit all week..

Replies

• eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    eat lots more fiber. Use supplements if you need to. This sort of thing happens, a lot. Need to look at a longer term to see changes, 3 days is really not enough data.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear, it's going to fluctuate a lot. Also you have got to give it more time than 5-7 days. When you've been keeping a routine for 6-8 weeks and your weight isn't a downward trend then come back and post.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    three days?

also, when you consume something...food, beverage, etc...that stuff has mass and thus weight...so you eat and weigh yourself, you're weighing whatever you just ate along with any other waste in your system, etc.

pick a day...weigh in on that day under the same conditions. stop weighing in multiple times per day.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    3 days?! Patience grasshopper.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Days...

Try 3 weeks, and THEN if nothing...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    So you ate some food and drank half a gallon of liquid and you're frustrated because the scale shows more than it did before you ate the food and drank half a gallon of liquid?
  • FakenameFake
    FakenameFake Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    tons of diets say to expect to lose and then gain five pounds.
    5 pounds water weight gone
    five pounds muscle gained!
    if anything youll b losing faster now cus your metabolism should speed up!:)
    Keep going! don't give up! (its cliché for a reason,right?)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

If you're on a diet (that is, in a calorie deficit), there is no way you're going to drop five pounds of water weight and then quickly gain five pounds of muscle. It just doesn't work that way.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    weigh yourself naked in the mornings after using the toilet.

Everyone's weight varies throughout the day.

also eat more than once a day 3 smaller meals are better, some swear by 5 small meals

and keep at it. Tracking food and walking will work.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

How is his metabolism going to speed up?
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    weigh yourself naked in the mornings after using the toilet.

Everyone's weight varies throughout the day.

also eat more than once a day 3 smaller meals are better, some swear by 5 small meals

and keep at it. Tracking food and walking will work.

makes no difference when you eat.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself more than once a day. Weigh yourself no more that once a day preferably naked, first thing in the morning after using the toilet or at least at the same time of day and under the same conditions. There are too many other factors that can cause weight fluctuations for comparisons at different time of the day to be useful

The food and drink that you consume has a certain amount of mass which doesn't translate to weight gain.

Stick with it. Three days is nothing. If problems persist in 3 weeks or 3 months of consistency then you may have an issue. Don't severely under eat otherwise you won't make it through 3 weeks or 3 months consistently. The best long term weight loss happens when you eat an amount that's enough to lose weight slowly and steadily but not so little that you feel hungry all the time or you're losing significant amount of lean body tissue (like muscle)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    Stop weighing yourself more than once a day. Weigh yourself no more that once a day preferably naked, first thing in the morning after using the toilet or at least at the same time of day and under the same conditions. There are too many other factors that can cause weight fluctuations for comparisons at different time of the day to be useful

The food and drink that you consume has a certain amount of mass which doesn't translate to weight gain.

Stick with it. Three days is nothing. If problems persist in 3 weeks or 3 months of consistency then you may have an issue. Don't severely under eat otherwise you won't make it through 3 weeks or 3 months consistently. The best long term weight loss happens when you eat an amount that's enough to lose weight slowly and steadily but not so little that you feel hungry all the time or you're losing significant amount of lean body tissue (like muscle)

Another vote for not weighing yourself more than once a day, and to have that weigh-in be first thing in the AM.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    3 days?

You are in for a long hard road unless you adjust your expectations. Weight loss is a long term process. Three days is nothing. Eat at a reasonable calorie level and stick with it and you will be fine.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    3 days?

you're joking, right?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    So you ate some food and drank half a gallon of liquid and you're frustrated because the scale shows more than it did before you ate the food and drank half a gallon of liquid?

OP, the food and drink you consumed weight 5#. You're in for heartache if you can't understand weight loss and gain isn't linear and only about the number of calories you consume. I've been close to my maintenance calories the last 3 days and gained 2#. It happens to everyone. It's really no big deal.

os4b13fsyuwn.gif