Getting married in August - looking to lose 40lbs before then!

Options
Hi all,

I'm getting married this August and though I've been doing ok with the whole diet and weight loss plan the last 6 months I really need to get on it in the hope I can lose 40lbs between now and then! Anyone else with a similar weight loss goal or trying to get wedding ready?

Sarah

Replies

• mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My son is getting married October and I plan to have 30 lbs gone by then. So far losing about .5-1 lb a week. It's slow but better this way. I'm learning better eating habits so it's becoming more of a lifestyle now.

Congrats! You can do it!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Set your goal for July (a month before).
    That way the last month you can just maintain (hard enough to do).
    Depending on your current weight 40 pounds could be done.
  • kirstywhyman
    kirstywhyman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm getting married in April and started losing weight at the beginning of August in preparation so have been doing this for 7 months now. In that time I've lost almost 20kg (around 44lbs) so, in all honesty, I'd say 5 months to lose 40lbs is probably a bit ambitious. When I started I had no goals except to be more toned and feel better about myself by my wedding (obviously wanted to lose weight too bit didn't set a target). My advice is make good food choices, do exercises which you enjoy, log your food and stay within your calories. Be proud of yourself whatever you achieve because you'll have done the best you can :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that you will want to maintain after your last dress fitting!

It may help to change your frame of mind, as well. Instead if trying to look a certain way for the wedding, why not focus on getting a healthy start to the marriage?
  • rosamera_3
    rosamera_3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratssss
  • sleepy_mum
    sleepy_mum Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :-) I've got plenty to lose so 40lbs won't see my at my overall target but hopefully will be a couple of dress sizes smaller. I'm hoping to feel fitter by then too as I've been swimming regularly for the last 6 months but have also recently started running. 40lbs isn't a fixed thing, but it would be good to get a little bit of a boost between now and then :-)
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I found this awesome website that tells you how many calories to eat daily based on x amount of pounds you want to lose in x amount of months

let me know how you like it?

http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Looks like beginning of August is 20-21 weeks away at this point, meaning you'll have to lose 2lbs a week. That's a 1000 calorie deficit per day. If you think you can do this, it's a realistic goal!
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Looks like beginning of August is 20-21 weeks away at this point, meaning you'll have to lose 2lbs a week. That's a 1000 calorie deficit per day. If you think you can do this, it's a realistic goal!

Agreed! ^^
    I've lost an average of 2lb a week and down to last 7lbs of what will be a 38lb weight loss at goal.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in August too! I have lost 10 pounds in the past 8 weeks and have about 23-28 more to go.

I'm aiming to be around 140-145 by mid June. Even if I lose at a pound a week I'm happy, which will put me a further 14 pounds down. I'm in it for the long haul after all!
  • sleepy_mum
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

Agreed! ^^
    I've lost an average of 2lb a week and down to last 7lbs of what will be a 38lb weight loss at goal.

That's fantastic hamstertango- well done! I've been losing 1.5lbs a week on average recently without starving too much as I've upped my activity and am currently 258lbs, and we've 23 weeks to go as we're marrying on August 23rd ... like I said, I won't be skinny but I'll be happier in front of the camera :-)
  • sleepy_mum
    Options
    Alarae21 wrote: »
    I'm getting married in August too! I have lost 10 pounds in the past 8 weeks and have about 23-28 more to go.

I'm aiming to be around 140-145 by mid June. Even if I lose at a pound a week I'm happy, which will put me a further 14 pounds down. I'm in it for the long haul after all!

Ah congratulations! Hope your plans are coming together well :-)
  • drspearman750
    drspearman750 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new here and I don't know what to do or where to start ):-
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that you will want to maintain after your last dress fitting!

It may help to change your frame of mind, as well. Instead if trying to look a certain way for the wedding, why not focus on getting a healthy start to the marriage?

This this this. I'm getting married next week, and I've had more problems with my dress than I can count, with tears to go along with it, and I was trying to maintain. But due to recomping, my dress was falling off in under two months. Your last fitting will probably be a month before, so plan for it.

• sleepy_mum
    Options
    Hope it all goes well for you next week! X
  • Got2lose43
    Got2lose43 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im getting married August to and want to lose about 28lb last 2 weeks its not moved...fingers crossed this week :)