Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am cutting way back.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    all the support here makes me a happy bunny. I hope this weekend went well for all of you
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    haven't had any alcohol since December 27th, haven't missed it one bit. (social drinker with mates) but im going away this weekend of which i dont actually feel like drinking, alls im thinking about is the amount of calories it has and is it worth it.
  • chefdarnell
    chefdarnell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I am on day 2!
    So strange how much I thougjt about it all day. Hopefully today is better. I have to decide how to handle my Girls Night Out group this week- it is basically a drinking group!

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    cranberry and seltzer?
    orange juice and mountain dew
    or "I don't feel like drinking tonight"
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @chefdarnell I've used the same "excuse" when going out with friends as I did on my work trip. "I'm not going to drink for a while because I'm working on getting back into hockey shape." Nobody asked questions about my drinking, they were all more interested in what I was doing to get back. Maybe say something like that and use your reason for not drinking. Try to direct the conversation more towards the reason rather than about just not drinking, if they ask...if they don't ask after you tell them you aren't drinking, then move on to the next topic and have fun. :)

• caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Never drank much, but gave up rich cards like soda, candy, cakes, etc.; which is something like it. Lost 4 pounds in 1 week.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I usually give up hard alcohol for Lent. This year I gave up red meat instead. But after reading this thread I am going to add all alcohol for the remainder of Lent and see how I feel.
  • cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great work everybody. I am on day 23 without. I have been out a few times for dinner. It hasn't been as difficult as I thought. I am feeling better in the morning and not so foggy. Easier to get up and work out too. I was going to do it just for February but I may just keep going for awhile and see how much weight I can lose.
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I am on day 2!
    So strange how much I thougjt about it all day. Hopefully today is better. I have to decide how to handle my Girls Night Out group this week- it is basically a drinking group!
    That could be tough !
    I'm having dinner with gf's tonite but haven't been out out ! ;)
    It hasn't been as hard for me as i thought it would be. But i have lost weight so it's motivating me !
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    all the support here makes me a happy bunny. I hope this weekend went well for all of you
    I went out of town with my sister

We normally drink wine together. She was surprised I wasn't drinking. But didn't pressure me. She continued having her red wine and I was fine with soda water.
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well...I have passed the 60 day mark without a drink. I've had plenty of opportunities and been in plenty of situations where I could have had a drink, but I didn't. Still loving the difference it has made for me in so many ways. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • greeentea
    greeentea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good job! The longest I've gone without a single drink was 6+ months. I had more clarity and more energy. It was amazing to no longer deal with weekend hangovers!

After a wild Halloween jungle juice night... I decided no more liquor for me. So, yeah, I haven't consumed hard liquor in 5 months! Sticking to beer is muuuuch better for my body. Especially since I cut myself off after two, hahaha.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I quit alcohol in 2003 and haven't regretted it one day since.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Burger2066 wrote: »
    Well...I have passed the 60 day mark without a drink. I've had plenty of opportunities and been in plenty of situations where I could have had a drink, but I didn't. Still loving the difference it has made for me in so many ways. I hope everyone is doing well.

Well done!!!
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    Great everybody !!! Well done. I'm on day 40 and really surprised it hasn't been that badfor me !! I do feel clearer headed and sleep so well ! Not sure how much longer I'll go. I was thinking maybe go for 25 pounds lost versus counting the days. Because I feel it is one of the main reasons I've lost anything to begin with- I'm only down about 15 pounds so I think 25 would be a good short term goal !!
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    I usually give up hard alcohol for Lent. This year I gave up red meat instead. But after reading this thread I am going to add all alcohol for the remainder of Lent and see how I feel.

How are you doing ? A couple people have assumed I'm doing it for lent. I'm thinking about going for 25 pounds lost versus counting my days.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Burger2066 wrote: »

Awesome!! Really love this thread! Going on 15 months alcohol free here :)
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congrats @Burger2066 It's really tough to do, when all my friends drink every weekend. I sometimes lie to my friends to stay in and not drink on wknds, haha
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    WAY to go to everyone on this thread who has managed to quit drinking entirely or cut down their intake! It is hard, especially if you're in a situation where all of your social interactions include drinking.
    I LOVE my wine, but you know, now that I allow myself a glass or two a month, or on a special occasion, I find I really enjoy it more. And, because I'm not buying 3 or 4 $5.99 bottles of wine a week, I can afford to buy one bottle of a much better wine to enjoy. I had a glass of incredible Brazilian carmenere on Saturday, and I can remember every flavor and nuance of it. I found myself closing my eyes (mid conversation at a lively dinner party) to enjoy it.