Water intake

Options
How much water do you guys drink now?
It's cold here in nz lately and I don't drink a lot of water, do you drink the amount you're supposed to?

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I do drink at least 64 oz of water a day. However, I heard recently that the 8 x 8oz water a day was an arbitrary number and that it does not take into consideration water from other sources (food, drinks, etc) and individual physiology. But I always keep a 32 oz water bottle near me and I still drink that much because I feel it helps me personally (I don't think it really hurts anything to drink 64 oz a day). I think the best way to tell you are getting enough water is the color of your urine (gross, I know) should be a very pale yellow. If your urine is dark yellow, you are not drinking enough.

So I still use the 64 oz guideline even though there is some question about that exact number as a blanket for everyone, but I am using it as a tool in my weight loss/satiety tool box. I think there are other calculators out there for water consumption as well (based on gender/activity level/etc), but I don't really know much about them.

Specifically for cold weather, I love hot tea and use that instead of plain water. I make a big pot and keep it near me, and it satisfies some of my munching desire to have something to sip on constantly.

I hope that helps- good luck on your journey!
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I drink 48oz+ daily or some days I try at least 32oz. Just drink until your urine is pale yellow.
  • liftsalltheweights
    liftsalltheweights Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What is the amount you're "supposed" to drink?

Honestly, I try to drink 2-3 liters a day
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    2-3L a day, which is much easier right now due to the hot weather. Probably half that amount in winter, but i do drink a lot of cups of tea with milk which also counts toward my fluid intake
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I drink 10-12 cups a day.

I wake up and drink 3 cups, then keep drinking it throughout the day.

It's cold here too, so I need to force myself, I'm not too fond of drinking water at all but it helps my skin and makes me feel more full.
  • dogman8374
    dogman8374 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping a gallon of pure water. Plus coffee and protein mixed with water