snacks

Options
martymum
martymum Posts: 413 Member
Hi

I just started 30 day shred yesterday, I also walk the dog daily and go to curves 3x a week. I changed my lifestyle to sedantry (stay at home mum and home educator) so log the above.

I understand (I think) that I shold eat 1200 cals NET but I am having problems with this. I tend to feel really hungry at 330pm ish and again late night.

Can anyone advise me re healthy snacks beside fruit that are available in th UK. Last night I caved and had a club biscuit but I'm stll under my net for the day.

thanks

martyxxx

Replies

• SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Hi what about 2 weetabix or 50 gm of bran flakes? Otherwise, its looking like sticking with the fruit or maybe you need to up your daily....I might up it by 2-300 if that was me....tinker with it and check your results.

Sarah
  • hollagolla
    hollagolla Posts: 44
    Options
    if you're still under your net then i wouldnt worry about the club too much.
    I have sugar free jelly with or without fruit as its very low and quite filling and different to boring fruit!
  • Rionna
    Rionna Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I don't know what it is about late evenings, but I also get hungry after being so on point all day. I try the sugar free Jello, laughing cow with a Wasa cracker, or a cup of pop corn (the no butter kind.) It helps me. Hope some of these suggestions are helpful. Best of luck in your journey!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!
    Even after a fairly large dinner I can still be hungry so I usually make sure I have some sugar free jelly made up in the fridge which I add strawberries to. This gives me a great sweet hit and then of course I start craving something savoury! In which case I tend to have a dutch crispbake (from Tesco only 29 cals) and spread a laughing cow or Tesco cheese triangle (25 cals) on and this usually satisfys me enough! If not then I have a curly wurly (115 cals) or a Tesco value choc ice (95 cals). If all else fails then I just go to bed early! lol :laugh:
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein take later in the day. I have a protein shake with lunch and it will fill me up and keep me full for a long time! You can have protein any time!
  • Haroon999
    Haroon999 Posts: 1
    Options
    Batchelors slim a soup is good for late night snack at around 60 calories.
  • healthychelsea
    Options
    not the most nutritious snack in the world, but I just discovered Nature Valley Granola Thins. They basically single packets of 1 square of granola with one side covered with yummy dark chocolate. I only eat them when I am craving chocolate and can afford to in my diet. They are only 80 calories a square!
    Also, Whole Grain Goldfish crackers, a banana with peanut butter (I know you said no fruit, but with peanut butter it's like a candy bar to me, delicious!), Emerald Cocoa dusted almonds 100 calorie pack (they are dry roasted and the cocoa is just a light dusting, extremely delicious and healthy) a mini box of Raisin Bran cereal or Honey Nut Cheerios, Sugar free pudding or jello cup, Yogurt (they have flavors like banana cream pie with only 80 calories a cup!), Fiber bars, baby carrots and a light dipping sauce, The Skinny Cow icecream cups or sandwiches (not sure if you have them over there, but if you do, try them! ice cream bars with only 100 calories sometimes, and they are actually delicious!) celery with peanut butter, raisins, and sometimes a single marshmallow (only 25 calories! ha)

these are just some I have eaten IN MODERATION. Not things consumed all day, everyday. The only ones that are staples in my diet are the banana with peanut butter and baby carrots, which I don't need to dip into anything normally.
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    i drink whey protein when i get the late night cravings and in a lil while ill feel full,
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • Scilluh
    Scilluh Posts: 152
    Options
    idk if they have it in the uk but if you r under then you could have a bit more of an unheathy snack i love the skinny cow ice cream it is a good snack and not as bad for you as other ice creams