Binge eating help

Options
I have been suffering from eating disorders for over a year... It started with orthorexia, then anorexia, into binge-purge bulimia... I really need help. Right now I'm in the binge-purge bulimia state. I have gained 20 lbs since January. I really need help. I can't seem to stop.

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Can you talk to a therapist?

I'm not familiar with eating disorders.

Are you eating enough throughout the day so that you're not starving yourself?

You need to eat in order for you to function properly. I hope you find the help you need.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have been suffering from eating disorders for over a year... It started with orthorexia, then anorexia, into binge-purge bulimia... I really need help. Right now I'm in the binge-purge bulimia state. I have gained 20 lbs since January. I really need help. I can't seem to stop.

You need to see a therapist.
  • ctoavs76
    ctoavs76 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As someone who has suffered from both anorexia and bulimia, the best advice I can give you is to get help from a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.
  • kimaklu
    kimaklu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too have an issue with binge eating. I read the book Brain Over Binge and it had some really helpful insight. Talking to a therapist who treats eating disorders is a good thing.
  • morgandeluce
    morgandeluce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I suffered from bulimia and self harm for several years and I would be more than happy to talk to you more if you feel like you need support. The first step is to tell someone you really trust, who won't make you do anything you aren't ready to do. Therapy (I did cognitive behavioral) is EXTREMELY helpful but it does take time and patience to relearn how to love yourself and stabilize the chemicals in your brain. Journaling, therapy, and finding stability in other parts of your life are so important. Please message me if you want to!
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've suffered through all forms of ED. On the road to recovery now. Add me if you like!