I Would like to know what it feels like to be thin!

Options
Hello all,

I have been obese for 90% of my life. I do recall being thin as a little kid but the memory is vague. What is it like?! Who does the body feel without all the weight? I have never known this. Maybe thats why I have tried and failed many times? This time I am just down right annoyed by my weight that I have a renewed mind. Any help is apperciated, the strugle is real! :+)

Replies

• nsa352
    nsa352 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, I used to be thin and actually I am, I just need to tone up my belly. My weight usually fluctuates between 100 lbs to 103 for 5 feet tall ( female) . And I gained weight, went from 103 to 115 ! So it felt very strange to me,even if I was not overweight, I felt my belly jiggling. Weird! That's what made me wake up.So now I back to 106 , and soon 103 hopefully.
    That's for the background to say I know how it is like to be thin. Your belly doesn't jiggle when yiu walk or run, everything is tight. I feel lighter when I am thinner. I used to be thin so it felt natural to me. You have more energy when you are thin , of course if you eat the amount of calories you should be eating unlike those people who are not naturally thin and starve themselves to stay thin. I feel more confident thinner, except when other women call me out as being anorexic while I am on a healthy weight and I have muscles, big enough breasts for them to say they are implants and a bubble butt.
    You can run ,workout without getting tired easily.
    If you are a thin person who eats healthy, you actually only eat when your body let's you know you are hungry. And the hunger is not that sensation of starving , grumbling stomach. No, it is mild.
    Your body cleanses itself way better. You'd go to poop on regular times. I go after every meal,3 times a day.
  • nsa352
    nsa352 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    * you *body let's you know
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    A
    W
    E
    S
    O
    M
    E

it feels bloody awesome

95069916.png
  • marissam08
    marissam08 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration! But use it to work harder for your goals. Don't be so hard to yourself! Best wishes to you!:-)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I have been obese for 90% of my life. I do recall being thin as a little kid but the memory is vague. What is it like?! Who does the body feel without all the weight? I have never known this. Maybe thats why I have tried and failed many times? This time I am just down right annoyed by my weight that I have a renewed mind. Any help is apperciated, the strugle is real! :+)

You failed because you ate more than you burned. Simple as that.

MFP can help you find out what it feels like for yourself!

I've eaten anything I want within my calorie limit, and have lost 72 lbs in the past 11 months.

Just be honest with yourself and log everything you eat. Every day soon adds up!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    nsa352 wrote: »
    You'd go to poop on regular times. I go after every meal,3 times a day.

Is this meant to be a positive thing?

But yeah op I'm in the same boat, I have been over weight all my life except in the early years I was under weight so I guess there was probably a transitional period where I was a normal weight, but I only remember being over weight.

I am unsure how I am meant to feel or look.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    It feels beyond amazing ! My two favorites. Waking up in the morning and my stomach feels flat. And that my watch flips around on my wrist like a bracelet.
    All my pants are a "little" too big versus "quite a bit" too tight.
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was very thin and could eat anything I wanted until I was about 26. Then my metabolism changed and I have been fighting weight fluctuations ever since. Being thin was amazing, buying whatever clothes I wanted and not having a care in the world. I was never into exercise or sports when I was younger, so I had to explore a new world of exercise and calorie management. 19 years later, after many stops and starts (back injury which rears its ugly head too often) I have found that MFP and now a love for the gym, has helped me get back on the right track. It takes a lot of diligence to log everything you eat. But if you do that, even when you have bad days, you get a pattern of what your triggers might be for overeating and you can make changes to help with those issues. It is hard, but it is totally worth it. I personally like to log my meals (except dinner) the night before, when I pack my breakfast and lunch or in the morning, that way I have a good idea of what my calories are for the day, what I need to do to get more, and what I can have for dinner. Don't beat yourself up, if you have a bad day, just make the next day, and the next day better. It will come off! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • CocoaDrea
    CocoaDrea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think when you finally hit your goal and you will!! Then you can finally be able to answer this question yourself & trust that will be a better answer than anyone else can give to you. But...You're feeling like myself. I'm about 80 some odd pounds bigger than I used to be and at 5'2 it's not as bad as it sounds(still cute lol) :D but seriously it does feel annoying like you said. So I've let that motivate me. The fact that if I don't change now. I'll just continue to be upset and who wants that? So let that extra weight piss you off enough to make it happen this time around! Good luck!
  • EatKleanGetLean
    EatKleanGetLean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The struggle is definitely real when It comes to losing weight. Sadly the majority of people have not been taught proper nutrition and diet. If only we were taught at an early age about this! Instead most of us were raised on foods we thought were healthy. Of course we don't reach out for information or want to be educated until we find ourselves in the position of being unhappy and not satisfied with the way we look. Food becomes quite the addiction and a big part of it comes down to simple carbs and SUGAR. Diet and calorie intake is 80% of the battle, exercise is about 20%. You won't really start noticing a big difference even if you exercise regularly until your diet is in check. Calorie intake is a huge part. Picking up a book or two on proper nutrition will easily help you find foods that satisfy these cravings and help get your body back into balance. Cravings is the body crying out for nutrition and often times you aren't satisfied even after eating a big meal because you have not put anything beneficial into your tummy. Educate yourself on the foods that will balance your body and that are packed with amazing minerals and nutrients. Superfoods we like to call them are indeed super! Personal message me anytime if you want some more tips or advice! :D
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    The struggle is definitely real when It comes to losing weight. Sadly the majority of people have not been taught proper nutrition and diet. If only we were taught at an early age about this! Instead most of us were raised on foods we thought were healthy. Of course we don't reach out for information or want to be educated until we find ourselves in the position of being unhappy and not satisfied with the way we look. Food becomes quite the addiction and a big part of it comes down to simple carbs and SUGAR. Diet and calorie intake is 80% of the battle, exercise is about 20%. You won't really start noticing a big difference even if you exercise regularly until your diet is in check. Calorie intake is a huge part. Picking up a book or two on proper nutrition will easily help you find foods that satisfy these cravings and help get your body back into balance. Cravings is the body crying out for nutrition and often times you aren't satisfied even after eating a big meal because you have not put anything beneficial into your tummy. Educate yourself on the foods that will balance your body and that are packed with amazing minerals and nutrients. Superfoods we like to call them are indeed super! Personal message me anytime if you want some more tips or advice! :D

Seems legit. :/
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    When you're at a healthy weight you feel great. You feel strong. You feel confident. You have energy. You want to socialize more (at least I do). It's one of the best feelings ever.
  • EatKleanGetLean
    EatKleanGetLean Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Let this community help keep you motivated and educate yourself on proper nutrition!
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello all,

keep your head up I was basically like you but far worse you have to find something that gives you motivation and breaks you I used all the girls that rejected me and all the teasing In my life for my motivation you have to find yours then you have to prove every single one of those people that they were wrong and prove to yourself that you have greatness inside of you you just have to unleash it.. anybody can get skinny you just have to have the fuel to do it
  • SNIPESDEMONS777
    SNIPESDEMONS777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all of your encouragement..it really does help out!!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Let this community help keep you motivated and educate yourself on proper nutrition!

You, too.....