Healthy, All Natural, Unsweetened, VEGAN Protein Powder Suggestions? (Canada)

Options
Hi everyone... I'm having a tough time finding an all natural (e.g. no chemicals, no fake flavouring, no sweetener of ANY kind - including Stevia) protein powder... I currently use Hammer Nutrition Vegan protein, but it has vanilla flavouring and stevia, and both make me nauseous. I would rather flavour my smoothies myself and use fresh fruit as my only sweetener. I'm in Canada, so any suggestions that I can purchase in Toronto or online would be super helpful. Thank you! :)

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life Raw Protein.

They have chocolate and vanilla.

You can get it on www.amazon.com

Blended with ice, water and bananna is delish.

Or blended with soy milk, ice and any frozen fruit.

I really love this product.

I think it's expensive, but it's worth it.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life products just got recalled due to salmonella... just something to take into consideration.

OP... you might just try to find a single source protein and mix them yourself, such pea protein, soy protein, hemp protein, etc. Most if not all proteins that I've seen that are not single source like that have some form of filler (what you are referring to as chemicals, fake flavoring, etc.)

A single source should be just one ingredient. It will taste pretty bad but if you are using your own flavoring, that shouldn't matter.
  • NaturalNancy
    Options
    http://www.gardenoflife.com/blog/Home/ID/629/Important-RAW-Meal-Announcement.aspx

I've never had a problem with their products and eat it everyday.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I work in the health/whole foods industry. We were asked (by Garden of Life) to pull all Garden of life products from 16 stores for the next 3 months and not just the Raw Meal... so I'm glad you haven't gotten sick. I hope it stays that way.

When they made the request of us, they had isolated to several batches of one particular ingredient so it's entirely possible that you have safe batches, but since they did not provide us batch codes and asked us instead to pull all of their products and provided a full refund, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I've been a user of their products in the past and have nothing negative to say about them (outside of them being over priced, in my opinion) but I won't be using any of their products until we are allowed (by them) to put new product in our 16 stores.
  • NaturalNancy
    Options
    @BecomingBane Ohhh! Makes sense to me... I think I will cry if i can't have a shake in the mornings.

Thank you for this information. <3
  • sandycoast
    sandycoast Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This has been very helpful. Thank you @NaturalNancy and @BecomingBane!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK we have a brand called Pulsin who make natural protein powders which are unflavoured and I love them in my smoothies or soups ☺ I'm sure they deliver worldwide so could be worth a go!