heavy lifting bulking up thighs

Options
2»

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    What has happened with your weight in those 2 months?
    This is my question too. How much have you lost in that time?

• cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    my weight has fluctuated dropped a few in beginning coz I started eating low carb calorie, after week 2 weight went up by 2 pounds. To date I've lost 13 lbs but was told it's water from low carbing
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    now weight has stalled. I eat low carb coz I tend to go insane on bread and sweet stuff if I dnt control it. now I aim for grains on workout days and will see how that goes
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I am totally okay with my thighs getting larger if the result is less ab fat!!! Muscles are beautiful.

Thanks for all who posted. Informative!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I highly doubt they increased by 2", for me that would take years in a surplus to achieve. Most likely some increase due to water retention and measuring a different spot or measuring tape not as tight (not pushing the fat in to get a smaller reading)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    AnneCN wrote: »
    I easily put on muscle mass on my legs, so I don't lift as heavy anymore I do higher reps and more HIIT sessions.

most likely it isn't muscle mass, but rather water retention in the muscles to repair and protect. It will make them larger at first until you get used to the workouts then the muscles will shed most of the water, making legs slimmer.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong...it's taken me like 3 years to put that kind of meat on my thighs.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I must be doing something wrong...it's taken me like 3 years to put that kind of meat on my thighs.

You would think the way some women post on here that it is super easy for women to bulk up :p

I consider any weird measurement as possible error on the part of me, the measurer...did I actually measure in the same place both times? Who knows.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread