purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    *goes and gets a jaffa cake*

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Save one for me :smile:
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm betting if you could make those Jaffa cakes in the U.S. that they would sell really well. You could come here, have your jaffa cakes, and be a millionaire! lol
  • purplepollypops
    Options
    I'm betting if you could make those Jaffa cakes in the U.S. that they would sell really well. You could come here, have your jaffa cakes, and be a millionaire! lol

What a great idea! AND I would be able to try out all the other Skinny Cow products that I can't get here :laugh:

*I love your profile pic by the way
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options

What a great idea! AND I would be able to try out all the other Skinny Cow products that I can't get here :laugh:

You're welcome and thank you! I would only ask for 4% of the annual profits lmao. :)
  • purplepollypops
    Options

You're welcome and thank you! I would only ask for 4% of the annual profits lmao. :)

Only 4%? You got a deal! lol
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit boring and my favourite foods are generally not that processed and therefore available globally. However, I'm emigrating to the Netherlands in a few months and will mourn the fact that I can't ever indulge in my beloved Battenberg cake over there! (Not that I'm really indulging in it over here at the moment!). I'll also miss my Branston Chilli & Jalapeno relish (lovely when heated into a sauce with a bit of white wine, then poured over a nice steak!), and Pimms in the summer. I'm not sure if they have Ben & Jerry's froyo either O_O
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit boring and my favourite foods are generally not that processed and therefore available globally. However, I'm emigrating to the Netherlands in a few months and will mourn the fact that I can't ever indulge in my beloved Battenberg cake over there! (Not that I'm really indulging in it over here at the moment!). I'll also miss my Branston Chilli & Jalapeno relish (lovely when heated into a sauce with a bit of white wine, then poured over a nice steak!), and Pimms in the summer. I'm not sure if they have Ben & Jerry's froyo either O_O

I emigrated to Germany from the US... and you can get Ben and Jerry's at Subway (yes, the sandwich shop) and sometimes at international shops. sandwiches and ben and jerrys = Weird combination, I know... but I'm pretty sure it's the same in the Netherlands. :D

Oh, and the US does too have Cadbury... at easter. Not exactly like the ones from the UK (which I get compliments of a fellow teacher from there), but not half bad. Otherwise, yes, US chocolate stinks. lol.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options

I emigrated to Germany from the US... and you can get Ben and Jerry's at Subway (yes, the sandwich shop) and sometimes at international shops. sandwiches and ben and jerrys = Weird combination, I know... but I'm pretty sure it's the same in the Netherlands. :D

Oh, and the US does too have Cadbury... at easter. Not exactly like the ones from the UK (which I get compliments of a fellow teacher from there), but not half bad. Otherwise, yes, US chocolate stinks. lol.

Oh Holland has definitely got B&J, I'm just not sure about whether they stock the froyo or not :( The UK doesn't have all the flavours the US has either!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I am from NW USA and currently live in south USA and there are things from back home that we don't have in the south and vice versa. I think we all just need to swap houses for a week or so a couple times a year! Then we will all get jaffa cakes and everything else for that matter!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oh you can get real Cadbury chocolates in the US, you just have to go to places like CostPlus World Market or speciality stores (heck, even my local grocery has in international aisle now). Unfortunately (ha or is that fortunately for my weight loss) none of them carry Violet Crumble's any longer. Also Aldi's and Trader Joe's carry import chocolates that blow the US chocolate out of the water.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    FYI- they sell a treat that is very close to Jaffa Cakes in the US. They are called Pim's and are made by LU. I used to eat them all of the time as a kid.
    http://www.amazon.com/LU-Cookies-Biscuits-5-29-Ounce-Packages/dp/B0019FEOJI