Non-food "rewards"

Options
2»

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post!

I'm always rewarding myself with food, it's nice to know there are other things available.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i use my goals as an opportunity to help me cut back on a bad habit I have of buying way too many video games even though I don't have enough time to play them. I now tie new game purchases to goals. It's been helpful on both ends of things for me.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    When I weigh less than my husband, we are going to take an acroyoga class together :)
  • maplesyrup10
    maplesyrup10 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is great to read. I always start a weight loss trend and give it up before the week is over. I'm really sticking with it this time (going strong on week 2) and I haven't thought about rewarding myself at a milestone. Probably because I never reached them before and didn't expect to this time. For every 5lbs down, I will probably buy myself skmething like clothes or sun glasses.
  • itsup2memi
    itsup2memi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating out when I began this journy in January. When I lost 20... I had saved enough money to buy an activity tracker. Its a lot of fun.
    Then I joined a fitness change at work. My coworkers dropped out; I won right ad I hit 30 lost. Bought a smart rope (a digital jump rope)
    Find things to make your fitness new and exciting. Do a race, get new gear or clothes. Enjoy!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    New make up, jewelry, pedicure, nice bra.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    clothing!

• Cassmarie94
    Cassmarie94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Smaller rewards would be Mani/pedis, clothing, shoes, and milkshakes
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yep. My 70 pound loss reward was a Fitbit. 100 pound is all the accessories I need to do a gel manicure at home. ; )
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    When I notice there are things I want, I try to put purchasing them on hold until I meet a weigh goal. It helps the wallet too! No impulse buys. My first reward was a pedicure, my second reward was pedicure items to do my own at home, now I'm looking forward to buying a new outfit or shoes. The last one always revs me up to workout... checking out those shoes or feeling pretty in the mirror helps!

Shannon
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Clothes! Problem is that I don't want to spend too much as I may just have to dispose of these as well if I keep going!

Went out today jean shopping - 3+ months ago when I started, I was a 40, then I move to a pair of 38's that I had bought by mistake and never returned. Wife had been saying that these jeans were now too baggy and instructed me to go and buy a couple of pairs today...quite a surprise when I blasted right past the 36's and into the 34's! Happy day.