30 Day Shred- Level 2 Please help!

Options
fevermaps
fevermaps Posts: 162 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello. I am currently on day 2, Level 2 of the 30 day shred and just need some motivation/advice.

I am really struggling with this level. Level 1 was not easy but manageable! Level 2 seems completely different.

I am finding it hard to finish and do as much as they are doing. I normally have to stop for a bit. Surely if i keep stopping I am not burning as many calories/ it's not going to show me any results?!

Any advice would be great. I don't have much to lose, i'm 119lb but not that fit!

Replies

• hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 8. I find a few of the workouts to be grueling and just hate them with the fire of 1000 suns.

The way I get motivated is wanting that post workout feeling. How good do you feel once you do finish? That's what I do it for. If you have to pause then pause, as long as you are not taking breaks while it's going you are going to be fine. They make it look too easy, I'm dying and cursing at them trying to finish some of them. Just push through and it will be worth it. Good luck!
  • fevermaps
    edited March 2016
    Options
    hopper602 wrote: »
    I am on level 2 day 8. I find a few of the workouts to be grueling and just hate them with the fire of 1000 suns.

The way I get motivated is wanting that post workout feeling. How good do you feel once you do finish? That's what I do it for. If you have to pause then pause, as long as you are not taking breaks while it's going you are going to be fine. They make it look too easy, I'm dying and cursing at them trying to finish some of them. Just push through and it will be worth it. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply! I am hating this level so much. I dread it but i do feel somewhat pleased with myself once i finish it. I just worry it's not doing anything if i keep stopping. :neutral:
  • Dentice143
    Dentice143 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Even if you are pausing, you are still doing it.....Remember, no matter how slow you go, or how long it takes you, you are still lapping everyone on the couch! Keep up the good work!
  • fevermaps
    Options
    Dentice143 wrote: »
    Even if you are pausing, you are still doing it.....Remember, no matter how slow you go, or how long it takes you, you are still lapping everyone on the couch! Keep up the good work!

Thank you hun!
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh, your scaring me. I am supposed to do Day 1 of Level 2 when I get home today :smile:

But, on day one of the first level it wasn't easy and I got better, so I am sure this will be similar. Keep at it! you are a day ahead of me every day you do it!
  • CealR
    CealR Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is a big change from Level 1 and I find a lot of people actually prefer Level 3, even if the exercises are "harder.". My best advice is to modify where necessary and allow yourself a 5 second beat if you need it to catch your breath. Also, set yourself mini-goals. Just get through the workout and make a note of how many of those 5 second beats you needed to make it. Then track your progress based on how many of those short rests you can eliminate as you get more experience with this level and the exercises.

Alternatively, you can also try going back to Level 1 for an additional few days if you feel like it's purely a matter of endurance. But, if you go back to Level 1, make sure you keep attempting Level 2 after a set amount of time; for example, if you do Level 1 for an additional 5 days (where you're allowing two rest days a week), then the next week attempt the next level again. The last thing you want to do is mentally build Level 2 up in your head as the "impossible" level and either skip it (those plank exercises are too darn useful, unfortunately) or perpetually stay on Level 1 and either never advance or give up entirely.

Good luck!
  • furylabs
    furylabs Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Is that the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred challenge? I did that 7+ years ago and have never been that fit in my life.

I really miss that feeling. Maybe I should take this challenge too :-p
  • rachaelbell21
    rachaelbell21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep going, doing the best you can and it will get easier! Level 2 is definately the worst level. Just keep going until you have cracked it(and you will!) then move on to level 3 which is hard but more fun
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I have done 30 day shred when I could do all three in one workout. After becoming lazy, I have started again and finding really hard. I hate push ups with a passion, but try as do at least a couple. On the ones which I find difficult, I go slow, the ones which are easy I speed up. The race is up to you.

I am also doing Ripped in 30 along with 30 day shred. Quite like RI30. I plan on doing week 1 until I am comfortable and feel that it is ok to move onto week 2.
  • fevermaps
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    I have done 30 day shred when I could do all three in one workout. After becoming lazy, I have started again and finding really hard. I hate push ups with a passion, but try as do at least a couple. On the ones which I find difficult, I go slow, the ones which are easy I speed up. The race is up to you.

I am also doing Ripped in 30 along with 30 day shred. Quite like RI30. I plan on doing week 1 until I am comfortable and feel that it is ok to move onto week 2.

I bought RI30 to do next! Is Ripped in 30 the same format as in 3-2-1?
  • fevermaps
    Options
    Keep going, doing the best you can and it will get easier! Level 2 is definately the worst level. Just keep going until you have cracked it(and you will!) then move on to level 3 which is hard but more fun

Thank you! I hope It gets even slightly more easier. I wouldn't mind feeling like i'm going to die if i could complete it the whole way through!
  • fevermaps
    Options
    furylabs wrote: »
    Is that the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred challenge? I did that 7+ years ago and have never been that fit in my life.

I really miss that feeling. Maybe I should take this challenge too :-p

Yes the 30 day shred. You should do go for it!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Yes it is, but you have 3 exercises instead of two. The cardio session is 2 minutes each (butts kicks and running man for the first session), instead of 30 seconds each in 30DS. You also have planks in Week 1.

There are four weeks in total, all the of the exercises are never repeated in any of the other weeks.
  • fevermaps
    Options
    CealR wrote: »
    Level 2 is a big change from Level 1 and I find a lot of people actually prefer Level 3, even if the exercises are "harder.". My best advice is to modify where necessary and allow yourself a 5 second beat if you need it to catch your breath. Also, set yourself mini-goals. Just get through the workout and make a note of how many of those 5 second beats you needed to make it. Then track your progress based on how many of those short rests you can eliminate as you get more experience with this level and the exercises.

Alternatively, you can also try going back to Level 1 for an additional few days if you feel like it's purely a matter of endurance. But, if you go back to Level 1, make sure you keep attempting Level 2 after a set amount of time; for example, if you do Level 1 for an additional 5 days (where you're allowing two rest days a week), then the next week attempt the next level again. The last thing you want to do is mentally build Level 2 up in your head as the "impossible" level and either skip it (those plank exercises are too darn useful, unfortunately) or perpetually stay on Level 1 and either never advance or give up entirely.

Good luck!

I think i may go back to level 1 for a few more days and build some more strength up and try with level 2 again in a few days!
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Keep going, you can do it. I modified the exercises that I couldn't do and really pushed the ones I could do. It's a great workout and the results are well worth the effort. Believe me it does get easier!
  • fortheloveofgoldens
    fortheloveofgoldens Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on L2 D5. I find that doing a warm up (brisk walk on a treadmill) loosens me up and gives me more energy to get through. I also burn more calories during the workout (per my HRM) than when I just do the workout without the warm up.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,521 Member
    Options
    fevermaps wrote: »
    Hello. I am currently on day 2, Level 2 of the 30 day shred and just need some motivation/advice.

I am really struggling with this level. Level 1 was not easy but manageable! Level 2 seems completely different.

I am finding it hard to finish and do as much as they are doing. I normally have to stop for a bit. Surely if i keep stopping I am not burning as many calories/ it's not going to show me any results?!

Any advice would be great. I don't have much to lose, i'm 119lb but not that fit!
    Go back and to level 1. Weight loss is dependent on calorie deficit, not how fit you are. If fitness is your goal too, then you keep repeating the level you have difficulty with till it's not that difficult anymore. You wouldn't keep increasing weight resistance on an exercise if you couldn't lift it in the first place? Or play a difficult piece on the piano, if you haven't mastered playing with both hands simultaneously? Fitness takes repetition and time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• vjrozmia
    vjrozmia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about occasionally stopping, you're only on day 2! Keep at it and you'll be surprised at how fast your body gets stronger. By the end of the 10 days you should be able to get through all of the moves easily. Good luck!
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    So, i ended up with an impromptu break day yesterday due to some scheduling so I just did level 2. I totally see where you are coming from. But it felt a lot like I did on day 1 of level 1. I think if you are going for fitness and not weight loss, you should push it. If it was easy, everyone would do it! If you want to add me, I'd be glad to help push you along if you can do the same for me when i get frustrated!
  • fevermaps
    Options
    cdgross81 wrote: »
    So, i ended up with an impromptu break day yesterday due to some scheduling so I just did level 2. I totally see where you are coming from. But it felt a lot like I did on day 1 of level 1. I think if you are going for fitness and not weight loss, you should push it. If it was easy, everyone would do it! If you want to add me, I'd be glad to help push you along if you can do the same for me when i get frustrated!

It actually didn't feel as bad today. Don't get me wrong, i still couldn't keep up but managed to stop only for a few seconds twice. Progress! Woo!