Need advice

Options
Imy 5'7 I weigh 137 pounds I want to get down to my goal weight of 117 I have been eating healthy food but I work about 70 hours a week as a bartender so a lot of the time I only have time for one meal a day I can't seem to lose any weight I go up a pound and down a pound but I always stay about the same I don't know what I can do to try and lose this extra weight I'm getting frustrated and I really need advice. A normal meal for me is steamed veggies such as broccoli and colliflower and boiled chicken. My breakfast everyday is instant coffee with *kitten* free coffee mate vanilla cream I can't survive without coffee I have two cups every morning and about 2 cups while at work to stay awake till 3 am I'm on my feet all day at work for my 14 hour shift and every morning when I wake up I do about 40 crunches and 20 pushup if anyone has any advice on what I can do to start really losing weight I could really use your help. I'm going on my first vacation in 5 years in may and I want to try to lose these 20 pounds by then .

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    20 pounds puts you underweight. How about trying a different tactic.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Eat more. I'm serious. Four cups of coffee and one meal of steamed veggies and boiled chicken isn't enough.
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    Eat more. I'm serious. Four cups of coffee and one meal of steamed veggies and boiled chicken isn't enough.

I agree, your body needs nutrients. If you truly can't eat more, take a multi-vitamin to help. Try bringing snacks with you, nuts, fruit, things that are portable and don't take a lot of time to eat, or ones that you can graze on throughout your shift. I can't live without coffee either, but I also drink a glass of water for every cup of coffee I have. Drinking water is important for your body to function right and it aids in weight loss. Just my two cents.
  • danacondah
    danacondah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    5'7 and 117 lbs sounds a little nuts. I say that from experience. I'm 5'7 and in my profile picture I'm 138lbs. I currently sit at 135 and I'm pretty lean... I'm a size 4. Was previously a size 0-2 in highschool when I weighed 124. Your expectations sound a little unrealistic. And a 20lb loss in 2 months is setting yourself up for failue... why not create a more achievable goal and feel better about yourself when it happens?

In terms of your diet, sounds like you should be eating more, especially someone who weighs pretty much as much as me. Feel free to check out my diary, our stats are very similar and I consistently have been losing about 0.5lbs per week.
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my optimal range is 145-155. Every body is different, sure, but come on.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options