Using the scale or tape

Options
How often does every one step on the scale , or tape themselves? Do you find it hard to only weight yourself once a week? I tape myself once a month and try to do a weight in once a week

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and track in a different app. Once a week, on Friday, I update MFP. I like to see the trends and how my body reacts to new activities or meals out. I can separate the daily numbers as just data points and not the end-all-be-all of my progress. It took a while to get there. I have lost my measuring tape, so it's been a while! I like to do it once a month. I wish I had taken my measurements in the early days, because I think I've probably lost 10 inches off my waist, but I don't know for sure.
  • WickedZombieQueen
    WickedZombieQueen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and track that in a different app so I can see trends. I only log weight in MFP if I have hit a new low. I take new measurements every six to eight weeks.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I find that if I weight myself to much , I have a tendency to get really frustrated , but OMG it is like Christmas the day I get to weight in lol
  • WickedZombieQueen
    Options
    That's why I use a trend app. I have a steady downward trend since August. I know now that even with the up and down scale fluctuations I am still losing weight. It's the end all be all number for me any more.
  • WickedZombieQueen
    Options
    plumcrze1 wrote: »
    That's why I use a trend app. I have a steady downward trend since August. I know now that even with the up and down scale fluctuations I am still losing weight. It's the end all be all number for me any more.

Meant to say that it is NOT the end all be all number :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, track in Happy Scale app, log new lows in MFP. I tape measure every 3 months.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, often multiple times a day. It's just something I do, I guess out of curiosity. I don't put a lot of stock in my daily numbers, though, because I know weight fluctuates daily. I figure my weight has changed when I see a new trend. Now, as for the weight I enter on MFP, I only enter the one I get from the doctor, so it's very sporadic. I just measured myself for the first time in January and intend to do it again in June. I might decide to do it in April but probably not. I think I'm giving myself a lot of time on the measurements because I think the longer I wait, the more likely it is I'll see changes.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i step on the scale daily but only log once a week.

i measure myself once a month... every 6 weeks.... whatever.
  • codygish
    codygish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I only weighed once a week in the beginning. I still only log and measure once a week, but have started weighing myself every day. I plug the daily number into a spreadsheet that averages the last ten days. This is similar to a trending app. The ups and downs don't matter so long as the average keeps going down.
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    Weekly weigh on. I personally don't see the point of weighing daily. I don't take my measurements, I have a pair of jeans and a top that are too small - I will periodically try them and take a pic so I can compare to the last one.
  • QueenofGuac
    QueenofGuac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Meh. If I wake up feeling particularly skinny, I'll weigh myself. I only log new lows in MFP. Weighing myself everyday was super super super discouraging to me because I fluctuated so much. Plus I store my scale under my bed so it has to be a really special day to pull it out! lol.
  • herrerajr693
    herrerajr693 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't like weigh myself more than once a week or I get irritated because it looks like I'm only losing a tiny bit of weight versus the full pound to 2 pounds I see once every Sunday morning. Weighing yourself daily won't make results faster basically but personal preference kind of thing I suppose.