Pin-up Girls - WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Grrr so frustrated with myself as I feel I have lost a lot of my motivation. I've been slacking in every area since my vacation. Haven't worked out since my 5k on 6/12 and my food choices have NOT been the best. This week is my daughter's birthday and we are taking her out all over the place. Hopefully I can keep myself in check and still manage to get in a couple of workouts.

Great job everyone on another awesome week!!!!
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Way to go weekly winners -- It looks like a lot of solid progress up there~!
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone:happy:
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Rachel! Great job everyone!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! I am starting the week off strong and hoping to keep it that way! I have 3 weeks to the end of the Canyon County Weight Loss Challenge and I figured if I can lose 65 pounds total I will be at just over 27% weight loss but if i I can really push myself and lose 70 then I will be at almost 29.5%!!! I wanna win some money so I can buy some new clothes...none of mine fit anymore! So this means...

MORE WATER!!!
    MORE WORKING OUT!!!
    EATING NO MORE THAN 1500 calories (at the very most)!!
    EATING CLEANER!!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I WANT THIS SOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    Wow to the 8 lbs! You ladies have all been working it!

I was the same, but I had TOM this past week. This week is already looking up with a nice 2 hour workout today. Gonna try to attend a weight class at my gym tomorrow. I'm scared! My weak, weak arms are going to cry! lol

Keep up the great work everyone!

Whoa cool! How did the class go??

Thanks again for keeping us all organized and motivated Rach!

I have a photoshoot scheduled for friday so I'm really buckling down. I'm eating clean and whole until then (but that still includes protein powder) and trying to watch my sodium intake so I'm not bloated. I am so close to my goal I just need to push push push!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I realized that while I may have been doing well as far as upping my protein intake.....like 100g of it is at dinner!! :noway: That doesn't seem very productive. So I'm going to work harder to distribute it into breakfast and lunch better. That just means a little less laziness in the morning, as far as making breakfast and packing a lunch! :laugh:

I'm also going to try and workout the minute I get home after work and eat as soon as I'm done. I normally goof off for a little bit and by the time I eat dinner it's 8/9pm, eating the majority of my day's calories in one meal, and not even being hungry most of the time!!! So again, need to move more of my foods to breakfast and lunch.

I'm sure this would solve my hunger at work problems and my blah, heavy feeling in the mornings.

Hurray for constantly changing things and figuring out what works!! :flowerforyou:
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Way to go Pinups!! :bigsmile:
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I realized that while I may have been doing well as far as upping my protein intake.....like 100g of it is at dinner!! :noway: That doesn't seem very productive. So I'm going to work harder to distribute it into breakfast and lunch better. That just means a little less laziness in the morning, as far as making breakfast and packing a lunch! :laugh:

I'm also going to try and workout the minute I get home after work and eat as soon as I'm done. I normally goof off for a little bit and by the time I eat dinner it's 8/9pm, eating the majority of my day's calories in one meal, and not even being hungry most of the time!!! So again, need to move more of my foods to breakfast and lunch.

I'm sure this would solve my hunger at work problems and my blah, heavy feeling in the mornings.

Hurray for constantly changing things and figuring out what works!! :flowerforyou:

This sounds like a GREAT plan, Rach!!! Can't wait to hear how it works out for you!

Ladies - Good work this week and HOLY AWESOME WEIGHT LOSS, BATMAN! to this week's big losers!!!

This week is gonna be a busy one for me so I am going to do my best to get to the gym, but I won't beat myself up if I can't. Additionally, I know that I need to take it a bit easier on my leg than this past week, so my running needs to be cut back some. I was in more pain that I would have liked the last few days and I know that it is because I really pushed hard last week.

So, goals for this week are:

1.) Be strict with my food to stay within cals given that my exercise will not be as intense
    2.) Continue to get 10+ cups of water each day
    3.) Allow myself to rest (my leg will thank me for it later!)
    4.) Have a great weekend away with the BF (we are traveling up to his parents' in central NY for a graduation party) without completely slacking on my diet/exercise

Hope you all have a FABULOUS week!!!!!
  • luvs2pugs
    luvs2pugs Posts: 52
    Options
    Congratulations Everyone!! Next week we will top over 400 pounds lost. That is amazing!! We are working so hard and it is really nice to see the chart each and every week. : )
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    great job ladies!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options

I am trying to get into a similar routine. I get home and relax a bit but then by the time I get my workout finished and showered etc it is 8 or 9 when I am eating dinner. If I workout right when I get in the door, it removes at least an hour of time suck on the internet and the tv. Once I get the workout routine consistant then I will start to move food around a little more.

I take breakfast to work but including more snacks might help you out or having something that can mostly be prepared the night before. I know mornings where I have preped my lunch the night before seem so much more productive. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    Good job ladies!!!!!

I couldn't log anymore, I am on a NO SCALE challenge lol! =D

So happy to see those numbers going down for everyone!

My goal for this week is to

Break my plateau and follow my strength/cardio schedule I made for myself. :)
  • fishrockstar
    fishrockstar Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ugh so embarrassed that I gained. I have excuses though; things have been crazy stressful and I've been binging again (ironically something that I never did until now that I'm almost skinny again- sure I ate bad before, but it was being on anti-psychotics and the bad food that made me gain- I never actually binged)., but on the bright side I don't have to be on a daily medication that will make me gain weight AGAIN (I was almost tempted to though when he said there was one that had a side effect of weight LOSS! I could deal with that side effect :laugh: )

But I do have to take Xanax on an as-needed basis. Hopefully I'll rarely have to use it so it wont hinder my weight loss, as I'm seriously so fed up with meds as they caused me to gain 60 pounds in a year, ugh.

Hoping to get back into good eating habits (well, after tonight.. having a girls night, no diet allowed :P) and start drinking more water again.. and get back into cardio. I've kinda been avoiding it and I've lost that excitement I used to feel about it, bah
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to not give a flying rat's *kitten* about what the scale says, and instead focus on the fact that I've lost OVER TWO FEET from my body size. I'm getting into much better shape than I was, whether or not the scale agrees with me. So there. Maybe I'll wind up showing a loss even with the trying not to care.
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump so i can find it next week.
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump
  • petitedemoiselle
    petitedemoiselle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! And thanks Rach for the charts. They always make my Monday. :smile:

Still trying to get control of my potato chip addiction. Light popcorn really did the trick yesterday, so I think I'll stick to that when I get cravings. Still trying to up my water intake.

cocobeenie, good luck with the photo shoot. I'm thinking about gifting myself a pinup-style shoot once I reach my goal.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Had a smaller loss last week, which is fine, but I need to get back to my 1.5lb/week losses to hit my goal of 150lbs by my birthday. 12 more weeks!! Really hoping I can afford a really cute pin-up dress around that time, too, but I have to do brakes and tires on my care by the end of Sept. to get it inspected.

Spreading out my protein across all my meals today, and going to get about 98g total. Pretty good. Back & Biceps tonight. Pushing hard through these workouts this week and hoping for a big loss, weight and/or inches, on Monday. :flowerforyou:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rachel!

Great job ladies!

This week is challenging. I just met with the neuro who of course wanted to do surgery which I told him "no way". I'm 38, I've got another 40 years left of using this neck, I want FULL mobility for as long as possible. We may try some prednisone, talking to my doc again soon.

Goals for the week are to keep the eating in check no matter how crazy it gets. DD is done with school tomorrow and I have no clue what I'm doing with her Friday. I've got to pack and get ready for our trip next friday.

Things I can definitely do - drink my water and stay positive. Going to try to get in as much working out as I can w/o hurting myself.